Background Image

PvE fortress mode?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Hungarian_Patriot, Apr 15, 2017.

1. So, I just had this idea, how about a PvE fortress mode? Basically a full team of players would have to defend the map against hordes of Tyranids. There should be no typical PvE limits, respawning should happen like in PvP games, there should be vehicles, veteran classes etc, but the 'nids should also have a lot more Warriors, and possibly other synapse creatures, like Zoanthropes, Lictors, Tyrant Guards, Carnifexes, etc... maybe even a Swarmlord as the final boss?
    GBloodfang, Roon, Kilrane and 9 others like this.
  2. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

Fallingcliffs likes this.
  3. Salvohhh!! Solei Drill Abbott

Dat'z a roit kunnin' idear dat iz. Give diz grot sum extra teef.

If gettin' da nidz to spawn in a way datz challengin' iz too 'ard, maybe you kould even make it so dat a few enemy gitz wuz choosin' what ta spawn an' where. 'ell, make it loike on a dem ar-tee-ess gamez, where da enemy gitz (mebe playin' genestealer versionz uv da normal playa racez) 'ad to kapture points ta earn whateva 'nidz use for teef ta spawn betta 'nidz?

Dat'z not a bad idea eiva, 'az da option ta qeue for matchez where da genestealaz is unda-popped on purpose. Only a few enemy gitz, but loadz an' loadz uv dem dirty nidz doin' most a da krumpin' for dem.
    Daemonkz likes this.
  4. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'd love to have a mode like this, like that one scene out of Starship Troopers.
    GBloodfang and MolitvaVoina like this.
  5. I like the idea a lot, but I'm affraid it's impossible at the moment. As far as I understood, one of this PvE Tyranids costs as much performence as a real player. So if you have a team of 30 dudes in a fortress, you would need TONS of Tyranids to spawn and attack, and that would be a performence nightmare. But if BE ever manages to get this proper running, I'm on the boat.
    Daemonkz likes this.
  6. If anybody has ever played Warframe before then you'd know BE can pull this off. Of course it'll take time.
  7. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Yeah there is no point hoping for these mods if we haven't even gotten more than 3 different kind of maps + place holder pve mode and they have had almost all development on hiatus since the last fortress map we got that also used the same assets as the other maps.
    Urtuah-Jibblies likes this.
  8. Sounds...intriguing. I like it.
  9. That would superb.
  10. cthulhu cthulhu0 Steam Early Access

I'd kill for something like this.