Background Image

Plasma Cannon, when to use them?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Jun 25, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, I usually do not do too well with the Plasma Cannon. What are some basic and reasonably advance guidelines to use the Plasma Cannon?
    CuCulainn likes this.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

1.don't shoot your allies(or tell them to move out firing line)

2. use the splash damage like a grenade (sometimes you can kill 5 enemies with one change attack)

3. if you play with a friend ask that friend to protect you

4. learn math ( if you use mortar shots) angle shots are key to kill heavy siege def areas

5. if enemies are hiding area near a wall, shoot the wall(for splash damage and impact kill)

always have fun and be careful ( raptor and melee enemies will hunt you down)
  3. acepost acepost Active Member

So for you savvy players, do you prefer to take your chances with a Stalker Bolter or Plasma Cannon?
  4. Oh I use em a lot attacking hold the line maps thou depending on the point. Even as ork or eldar I would the deffkannon/naplam version (grenade and direct fire) or eldar launcher (sniper mode). Why I use them is for the bombardment and stun effect, aoe, area of denial and most importantly one hit downed cause it’s all about those defender tickets and cause the 2nd plasma shoot can wipe out the downed player and his buddy trying to revive him. The single shot burst is also quite powerful but not so accurate. Mortar mode is not good at long distance imho but it can be useful at close to medium ranges to shoot over barriers where the LOS is blocked. Also for any heavy, melee is a threat so always try for head shots, try stun shield bros by shooting slightly behind them or a solid object b hind them for a stun effect then follow up with headshots. For jpa’s try shoot them out of the sky in burst mode, it works :). Also take an ammo pack and use the PC at mid to close range as long range does not provide enough support as opposed to mid to close range can smash defenders to let your team cap the point. Some day I will post a vid on this :)
  5. Oh always forgive plasma cannon boys for team kills :D

PS I usually take slaaanesh PC MC over the lsm version cause of the speed to relocate to support the ground troops and MCed
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

-You have enemies bundled up in a tight space with a good vantage point to hit them from
    -It is not easy for enemy hunters to track and kill you
    -You can circle between multiple good- or decent positions easily without much downtime
    -There aren't already several others doing the same thing.

Maggon B is a really good example. You take position opposed to the ramp. You can target enemies on the ramp, above the ramp and 3 hot-spots inside the building easily. With some movement, you can also hit the front-entrance. You have leftbound cover available and respawning teammates offer protection from JPA's.
    CuCulainn likes this.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Best advice .. never aim at people aim at the ground they walk on or wall they stand next to.
    than learn to lead a moving target, just like in the Moba's the kids nowadays play.. old skool ppl will remember this from playing rocket launchers in quake 3 arena. except without the bunny hopping to increase your momentum..