Background Image

Objectives icons

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by EugeneHardy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. EugeneHardy Recruit

Hi. Can you guys please tell me is it possible to make objectives icons smaller/disable at all (best choice) cos sometimes they are hindrance.
    20171220184857_1.jpg
    Mainfold and Njord-Halfhand like this.
  2. Amen brother. Personally I'd like to have never seen these cheesy icons in the first place. That's what a map and compass are for.
  3. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I do like what they did in BF4 towards its "end of life CTE servers"-phase, where they made them fade out while looking directly at them, with adjustible options for the degree of fade. Though BF4 also added means of marking objectives via the commorose.
    Not sure to what degree it would be challenging in EC, as it's a task for a UI-designer, and she's not there anymore. Maybe @jbregg could give it a shot, but it may be out of his field
  4. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Yeah i hate those opaque objective markers too.
    And what is the logic of blending out helms on the chaos helmet but not the huge halo or the spikes on the veterans backpack.
    On ork shoota not allowed to take out the shoulderpad that obscures when aiming down sight, only the other one that doesnt matter.