Background Image

Not muh bolter!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Feb 5, 2018.

?

Opinion?

1. Muh bolter forever!!!

2. It'd be nice to see other weapons used more commonly

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Just out of interest, who would like to see more variety in the weapons we commonly see used, most of which are currently muh bolter? This would mean making things like plasma guns, combi-bolters/storm bolters and grav weaponry more viable, for some by simply reducing the lp cost, increasing damage on others or increasing rate of fire for things like plasma guns (on their auto mode, not the charged shot mode)

I'd certainly not mind it, as long as muh bolter was still the most common weapon (accurate to 40K lore).
  2. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

they are viable, i do agree that some should have an LP cost adjustment but the issue isn't that these guns are bad it's just a bolter is so much more versatile

plasma is fine versus orks/high toughness, but it also overheats which means a bolter is more versatile against multiple orks/high toughness while a plasma gun has a faster TTK against one or guys but less against a dozen

stormbolters are already pretty amazing on headshot at close range but they're shit beyond close range

grav weapons are support - they should never be made to deal more damage than they do now

the balance is fine - stop making shitpost suggestion threads on a daily basis plz
  3. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

Short answer: NO

The long reason is that there is no need for a meta shift because it is for csm/lsm already inline with the lore. Ontop of that with the ressources they have, a rework would bring nothing since there will always be "the best weapon for the task" in such a narrow scenario and the bolter is just the best all round pick. We have pretty much the same engagement ranges and other variables on every map, so why pick anything but the meta gun? Ironically they REDUCED the variety to streamline balance by removing the toughness/penetration stat. Seeing both plasmaguns and stormbolters drastically declining in use since it did not matter anymore if you fought orks or nurgle marines or eldar. Top that off with the fact that not every weaponbranch is decked out with additional mods and you have the whole reason the bolter is king of the hill.

I know this might not concern you much but other factions dont have the variety to pick from and are even missing mods for their go to weapons. So having one of the best weapons and asking for the rest of the kit to be buffed accordingly might seems kinda like first world problems to anyone who still plays Xenos.
  4. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

The thing with "meta gameplay" is that is is just that. Experience, determination and skill can make just about any type of weapon work pretty well. The advantages of boltguns as a basic and versatile choice, while existent, are actually not as huge as some would make out.
    Ranged combat, when viewed as a comparison between only ranged weapons, seems to be in a pretty good place as far as I can tell.
  5. Horus Firskon Subordinate

Need a complete rebalancing of ranged weapons. I'm already tired of bolters. The Allies have bolters. The opponents have bolters. Even the walls and the sky consist of bolters.
    [​IMG]
  6. When the only weapon I'd ever bother taking is a bolter because everything else is kinda meh I think that speaks volumes. I'd like to want to take a plasma gun but I just cant make myself do it because "I luvs muh bolter!"

Combi bolter is pretty sweet with slaanesh mark too but I don;t think they need any change.
    Monkeyhunter likes this.
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Learn to grav brothers!
  8. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

There are no xenos so asking to balance what we have left is ok imo.

Problem is none of the weapons excel enough at what they are spose to specialize in,so bolter only being slightly worse at close range than a storm bolter is why its always safer going for regular bolter.Now if storm bolter ripped shit to shreds at close range maybe it would be worth sacrificing all other areas to use it but its merely a slight advantage if any.
    It also sounds like an smg for some reason.

Cant really comment on plasmagun since I haven't used it enough to talk about it since I could never see a reason to.I guess thats the problem with it?

I personally like the grav gun.People who only play LSM really need to go to chaos and see how annoying it is if one guy has a grav gun on the opposing team.It is obviously a support weapon though and you aren't going to kill anything 1v1 but it can still ruin someones day.

Stalker bolter is fine since it has no counter if used well.the only thing i'd suggest is giving other factions an equivalent marksmen weapon.chaos deamon eye bolter etc.
  9. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Muh bolter is about to be nerfed so you'll see natural selection of weapons and extended variety.
    Schwifty likes this.
  10. Deathwish the Brutal Deathwish Well-Known Member

I find it sort of funny that they (devs) needed a whole years worth of performance data on the Bolter before they decided to make any stat changes on it. Changes that may or may not even go through. There is no guarantee that the changes on UAT will transfer to live.
    Schwifty and Firskon like this.