Background Image

Night Lord Design

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Two_Face, May 11, 2014.

?

How scary should Night-Lords be?

1. 0 Scaries

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 1 Scary

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. 2 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3 Scaries

13 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 4 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. All the scaries!

265 vote(s)
    88.6%
  1. Two_Face New Member

I had written a massive post with heaps of various designs, but it errored and I lost everything so here's my summary:

Night Lords need be scary, eg:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Two_Face New Member

3. Two_Face New Member

4. Two_Face New Member

Please, please, do not give them ear-wings:
    [​IMG]

What do these things even do?

Also, I cannot find any canon-based source for the NLs lightning-theme paintscheme, a void-inspired theme might be far more intimidating:
    [​IMG]
  5. Two_Face New Member

[​IMG]

Eternal Crusade is choosing to put the spotlight on the 4 most under-utilised legions. The designs they publish for these legions has a very real chance of becoming canon, or at least being the average person's perception of what these legions should be.

I hope they seize this opportunity and create 4 powerful, impressive designs that we can enjoy for years to come.

Penultimate image of NL supremacy:
    [​IMG]

FYI: right-clicking on image then selecting "View Image" will show the image in full-res
    iESCAPISM and Pyrophant like this.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

That first pic, is that you Jeff?
    Also hoping they go for the older Raptor design (even if we saw the newer one in the gameplay vids). Truly a shame to scrap the old bird of prey feel the Raptors had for the "2 beer kegs" jetpacks and unimaginative armor.
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Maybe the old Raptors could be used specifically for Night Lords since Raptors are kind of their thing.
  8. Nightlords should actually look pretty damn scary, with alot of skulls and bones, chains and spikes.
    Actually pretty vampiristic and with a toutch of Batman. (for obvious reasons)

Hoever they should have little Chaos insignia or mutations, however I'm not sure about the "batwingears", I kinda like them, but they are so ridiculous
  9. Murtag Murtag Cipher

I also agree that the winged helms look a little silly.
    Simo Hayha likes this.