Background Image

New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ixim, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Hello. I am new around these parts and I was wondering whether you could point me towards some guides and the like. I'm absolutely staggered by the amount of things going on at the same time in game. It doesn't help that...I don't really like Shooters(bad aim). And from what I witnessed, the melee is gutted, so...help?
  2. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Hi welcome to the game and the salt mine and cheese fest and no there is no whine party here none at all my friend. As for guides i will link some ( these are usally general guides and i dont know if they have been updated for the current 1.3 patch or not)
    General information
    https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/faq-new-to-the-game-read-this.61275/
    Campaigns
    https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/how-campaigns-work.63022/

As for shooters if you arent very good at aiming then you can try orks faction after all Which grtoz needs aim when all ya needz is DAKA!. Melee isn't gutted but it is hard to use and unreliable.

Your best bet for faction specific questions are to look at their faction sections and for all others it is better to as around in the general discussion section.

Are there any specific questions you need or did the two threads i linked help out?
    Ixim likes this.
  3. My problems mostly lie with melee. I don't get a kick out of playing a ranged thing, but the melee...is unwell imo. I've a hard time adapting to how...mechanically / plastically you move with your melee moves too(it's hard to aim that way). What I'd like is if melee was just a swing and there was some other button with which you could combo for this...spring attack if you will. This mostly infuriates me when playing a Scorpion, I often miss an enemy just wandering around me(because that is mostly a SM and not Power Attacking him is...it is a huge gamble and Power Attack has the stupid charge thing).

I also have problems with playing a Striking Scorpion. Why is he so easily detected? Doesn't that defeat his whole purpose? Is this how it's supposed to be or is it a hiccup caused by a balance patch of some sort?
  4. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

The cloak is best for shadows and mid-high levels of graphics as on ultra and such it becomes much easier to spot them when they move or when they are against light walls as an outline forms even when they stay still. Even on other settings it happens but not as often.
    Have you tried to auto lock? dont now if you can still do that in melee or not as i stopped using that a long time ago. It helps to immediately reorient you to your target or the target closest to you. Sadly the only melee combat kind of thing is Dbash and other then that its mostly do fast attacks or chance up for strong attacks. It definitely needs work but i fear its on the back burner in terms of things to address.

I play GA for lsm and orks when it comes to melee and have little experience with scorpion ( i play warlock for melee and heals when eldar melee ) so i cant give you a whole lot of advice on it. Best thing would to be ask in eldar forums (just be aware that you might get more posts that reply that eldar are up and there is little you can do then actual advice least in my experience).
    Ixim likes this.
  5. Thanks.

I just don't get the melee system. It'd work in 6v6(maybe), but in these large scale situations...too convoluted for that.
  6. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

Hi there. To be honest melee currently isn't the strongest thing in the game and alot of the mechanics and understanding how the system works just comes with time. I would highly recommend finding a guild to run with that is willing to help train you up and help you practice with some duels in the garrison. This has helped most of my members learn how the basics work. And if you want to loan wolf it (which I do not recommend at all) you could also just hop into garrison and ask someone to duel you.