Background Image

Nathan has updated the FAQ-page for the Workshop.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, May 17, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

LOBOTRONUS, Arphenior and CuCulainn like this.
  2. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Well the word is that the workshop legal questions have been solved. So if true it means the only remaining task is with bE to basically build a process and framework on how it is to work. So I am optimistic too that we will see this soon.
    Doomness1000 and Data8671 like this.
  3. Robertson rhoomba Preacher

Oh man this could be amazing! This combined with the volunteer lore team should make this an interesting summer :)
  4. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

To be honest the workshop is already in game and implemented... It has been for months. It just had too many kinks to work out to leave up. Particularly the uploading had issues I believe so if they got an extra person to work on fixing these issues we might see it in game within the next few months which fits when Nathan said it would launch again. But that is just from what I remember and of course I could be wrong.
    Doomness1000 likes this.
  5. AFAIK there was lots of legal stuff to figure out as well.
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

They could have done the uploading via f**king Google Docs. (Seriously, that's how Black Library does it.) How hard can it possibly be to upload a file? Or to send in a file via email?
  7. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

And like Space Wolves beards, like map-modifiers, like turning the garrison into the hub, like different tanks with preset loadouts, like customizable Elites, like Warlords and like console-versions for Playstation and Xbox.

Do you know what the official policy of the EC-developers is when it comes to "promises?"
    Any promise given by the developers of EC is meaningless until you actually see the thing on UAT.
    (Source: Nathan and Noah, Twitch 106, somewhere around the 1-hour-mark in the video.)
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  8. Horus Firskon Subordinate

[​IMG]
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. Probably because there it was often a 'we plan to add' not a 'we promise to add'
  10. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

So, you are saying that the toxicity is the fault of the players for trusting bE in the first place and not properly analyzing the wording and grammar the developers used?