Background Image

My attempt at making the possessed pretty.

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by ComradeHavoc, May 12, 2017.

1. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

2. bE why u no do dis?
  3. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

Because they're unable for whatever reason to create new assets or slightly modify existing ones outside of simple reskins.
  4. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

The answer as to why bE isn't able to achieve simple changes like this is very obvious.

Incompetence.
    Avlaen, Zael and Niothewarlock like this.
  5. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Not really. The real answer is much more simple.

Can't have CSM elite clog up precious production time for LotD Marine. Got to make him worth the money so they can rake in the $$.
    ProteusVM likes this.
  6. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

I'm not joking when I say this.

Making the claw look like a claw by stretching the model is a 15 - 25 minute job, weight painting & animating isn't an issue as the power fist doesn't have finely tuned finger motion.

Even then, I think LotD Marine is going to sell less on cool visual appearance and more on the fact that it's a bolter with a fucking BURNING DOT on it. Totally not OP.
  7. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Dunno what modelling program that they use but in Maya you can copy an asset and flip it by inverting the x axis. He could cosmetically have two power claws. I'm not an animator but that seems pretty doable.
  8. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

They don't have a modeling program. The team doesn't have a 3D modeler on it. All the 3D modellers are working on another project

How many people still don't know that the EC team only has about 10 people on it? It's why progress has been so slow compared to alpha. Everyone was moved to another project by the company
    Cyborg_Dragon and Trecks like this.
  9. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

There's ~15 people on staff. There's obviously a modeling program. Such things don't just vanish.

Yeah, things are going so but the rest is just salted hyperbole.
  10. Cutbait Cutbait Master

I actually like this, not bad, well done