Background Image

Melta Gunz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrakka, Mar 21, 2018.

1. KIDDIN DA KRUL Kidding3mp3ror Steam Early Access

TY VOLA YOU ISA GUD UMMIE DER M8
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

I suppose the poison doesn't compare to the blight grenade, stream of Corruption, or the NCs. On CSM's who have inbuilt resistence with MoN. Or LSM who's Apoth can cure poison?

Eh. The plasma's goods still not Muh Bolter. Also got the least ammo out of all full auto heavy weapons.

Hey @ProteusVM Maybe i dream too much that the second page of a thread @Thrakka starts is nothing but shit posting. IF you want to insult him, fine. you go right ahead and do that. Got to get your little dig in against DLB as a whole. Is that really needed?
    KroozaNob likes this.
  3. Warlord Theodotos Recruit

[​IMG]
  4. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

2 grenade can kill apoth and person being heal

think what 3 or 4 can do haha
  6. Thrakka Thrakka Master

So! Anyone else have any other comments about the melta gun? lol?
  7. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

What else is there to say?

Over time, melta weapons lost their appeal. They are not the best tools for AV. They are not the best tools for AP. So the whole discussion is pointless, really.
    Atsidas, Krayt and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  8. In the time that I've started to run the ork community rallies and whatnot and played with alts from other factions off and on, I've never really had an instance where I was thinking "oh god this melta killed me that needs to be nerfed"; instead it was "maybe I should of paid more attention to my surroundings that time and then that melta wouldn't of snuck up on me". I feel like the melta guns in this are not "broken" and agree with the stance of they're good for mutual kills at best and ambushing guys, and even with all that I still think their primary use should be AV.

My annoyance with meltas begins and ends with having eighty million fire dragons molest my Truck, but again I don't think its an issue with the game its more of an "oh maybe we should have a guy drive the truck around the point so it doesn't get exploded" thing.

Basically what I'm saying is the melta shouldn't be nerfed and honestly I think its a shite tactic to try and use a melta on ranged guys who have some awareness. I think most of whats going on right now with the boys in DLB is they're rusty and just need to get back into the swing of things, not "we've been gone for months so now lets come in and change the game without getting seriously back into it again". My main issue with this though is the mindset that is created when you tell guys the reason they died was the game and not them. I hate that. When you do that it just makes guys think they don't need to improve or hone some skills/tactics more; or become more aware. No when you tell them that as a rally leader or guild leader it makes them think "oh well its not me its the game I don't need to change the game does.".

That kind of mindset got rooted into the ork community shortly before it's massive decline and I honestly put lots of the blame for our decline on that. I've tried as best as I could with my little gypsy camp of orks to beat that mentality out of them, as well as the salt against other factions. One or two of them might whine when I'm not around but I feel like its been beneficial all around so far. Telling new dedicated ork players or vets that are hella rusty that the issue is the game and not their current skill level is a very irresponsible thing to do if you're trying to get that mindset going as a leader.

This isn't me dissing you Thrakka or me trying to bust one out on you, but I have to disagree here.
    Aislinn, Atsidas, Zarbustibal and 8 others like this.
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude melta gun vs rodeo

melta is good if your the first to shoot the enemy (so hit the enemy first that's the tip)and some player panic being burn( just keep shooting i survive with 25% health in a showdown)

fuck and i was hoping that they will change melta to space marine game shotgun melta(that melta is op)
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. Not joking here but organisation really is op as it's meant to be.

Get enough scouts to spot inc vehicles with a couple of roving mobile armour or properly manned tanks all with AV loadouts and any AV team is going to -seem- op.

Actually next patch all AV's lives are going to become much harder with ALL mobile armour and tanks getting a -tankiness- buff . AV will require much more organisation to get the job done which is all good with me. It shouldn't be an easy job.

Queue the "OMG Fully manned Tanks OP! I cant kill their transport without help wtf!" threads.

But it's what we asked for right? the devs listened and implemented balance?
    Thrakka likes this.