Background Image

Loadouts will be wiped in the next patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MichaelChan, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Michael Chan MichaelChan Game Designer

Lo all!

Just wanted to give a heads up on something that will happening in the upcoming patch in case you haven't seen my other recent post.
    (OMG PATCH CONFIRMED!)

We'll be switching over to the new itemisation system; it's a structural change which will invalidate all existing Loadouts. Your characters will otherwise remain intact and your gameplay experience should remain unchanged. It's the same UI as before, but new bugs during Loadout creation or gameplay are entirely possible.

Please report unusual behaviour, bugs and crashes.

You can read more about it in this sticky thread.

On a related note:
    • Chainsword Apothecary is back.
    • Hardened Combat Knife and advanced health items have been removed.
    • Space Marine Ground Assault can take either Bolt Pistols in place of his Storm Shield.
    And no, these are NOT all of the changes. :)

Feel free to spread the word; I don't want people to be surprised by the update.

Cheers!

Michael
    Game Designer
  2. MHezzu MHezzu Confessor

k
    Ashgarm and Hotab like this.
  3. Michael Chan MichaelChan Game Designer

I messed up and wrote that those were all of the changes. What a dumbass. Fixed it.

k back at you.
    DerelictHeretic likes this.
  4. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

So.... Eldar? Warparties? Eldar Warparties?
    Franky_Shtein and Zed-Avatar like this.
  5. Michael Chan MichaelChan Game Designer

No Eldar ready for you in-game yet.
    Warparties - we're still working on the backend. GUI side is pretty much "done".

I know, it's not what you want to hear.
  6. Krokilla Krokilla First Blood!

How dare you be the bearer of bad news Michael Chan!!! *Silently slips a bribe into his pocket to keep da Eldar away*
  7. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

I heard through grapevines that having a custom dev loadout could cause serious issue and we should wipe before that happens, is there any truth to that or is that outdated information.
  8. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

Why give the Ground Assaults the option to forgo their Stormshield in place of a Bolt Pistol?
    They do not have any more HP or Armor/Shield than a standard Jump Pack Assault, so why trade out their only asset with a weapon they would have anyway, if the chose the Jump Pack Assault?
    They would even have a Jump Pack too...
    I can't see how this would be of any benefit to the Ground Assault players before the introduction of an Iron Halo (or some other kind of Force Field), especially since they are more squishy than the Tactical (no damage migration).

The only possible outcome will be people complaining about:
    - Ground Assault not being able to capture points.
    - Being way more squishy than the Mark of Nurgle "Traitor".

The optimal thing would be to "move" the Stormshield to the Primary Weapon slot (like the Jump Pack are), and then allow them to choose a Pistol and a Melee Weapon. I know this would require extra animations for you to make, since you have none of the Pistol being in the right hand, but I think it would be worth it.
    This could probably need some minor balance, which might be achievable if the Pistols costed twice as much to equip when you have a Stormshield. But then again, the Bolt Pistol is a minor nuisance at best (unless you are playing a Support...).

More importantly: THE CHAINSWORD APOTHECARY IS BACK IN BUSINESS! :D

EDIT:
    Loadout issues can usually be fixed by changing the "Class" to another class ---> Saving ---> Changing the "Class" back to the Devoc.
    Hotab, Roaming-Wolf and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  9. Alberto Albertico77 Drill Abbott

News about Torias optimization?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.