Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. Keira Keira Steam Early Access

You dont hear Eldar because we possess grace, we glide over the world of the physical and we do the world of thought, our touch light but deliberate. Whereas the rest of you stomp and clomp round like a herd of stinking beasts aimlessly and ignorantly crashing through everything.

Grav lifts DO make sound... least they do on my screen. I hear the lifts I immediately stow my Cannon and leap over the railing.

They also kick up a lot of dust when they move on some maps, as do orks.

I've been hearing that too... you dying, calling for help, more shurikens thudding into you, your last futile breath. Seems to happen over and over again too.
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

@NoiseMaker sweet job on the hold T to shout waaaggghhh! for orks. I love how each subfaction has a different WAAAGGGHHH shout as well.

I do miss my orky banter though :(
  3. Where are the footfall sounds? I can understand me not hearing the approaching 500 pound Ork if I was firing a weapon, but it's relatively quiet(for a 40K battlefield) and the Ork approaching from behind doesn't make a sound.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRiNiEaUDIk&feature=youtu.be

Where are our proper surround/directional sounds and why can't we hear nearby enemies moving around?

It's the same issues with vehicles, we dont hear them until they're running us over. The lack of proper sounds in both instances are rage inducing.

It's great that I hear this vehicle when it's about 5 to 10 feet away, though I can step outside my house and hear a car coming a mile away.

Now I get that melee players shouldn't have their position given away by extremely loud footfall sounds. However there has to be some sort of trade off. If we're sprinting we should have louder footfall sounds, if we're just running/default movment the sounds should be moderate. We should ONLY have "silent movement" if we're crouched and moving.

We should be able to hear MOVING vehicles coming from far off, and the sounds of a moving vehicle should be very loud at close range(50 yards or less)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaF2VY_YoCE
    Kesslan and Djemo-SRB like this.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Really hope Ian comes back soon, theres so many things that need fixing (and a few that need polish) in the sound department.

Im often getting issues of the sound tearing/breaking, like someones chopping the sound on and off.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  5. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

Could you check WAAGh sound.. pls put in voice channel..instead of effect channel pls- its annoying..
  6. Kesslan Kesslan Arkhona Vanguard

I've got to agree with the ongoing issue of directional sounds. There seems to technically be some but most of the time I hear it as being from one direction when really it's from the opposite. On the whole though you just hear it when ever. I also find it odd that on occasion, when I'm playing a CSM, Ork or Eldar I'll die and hear the LSM call for an apocathary or LSM death sounds, even when the match doesn't have LSMs. This seems to happen when one side or the other is playing the CSMs.
  7. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Hello Crusaders! I am back in the office. Yes, I have been away for a long time. Post launch vacations and sickness have kept me from the forums and work.

But, as you might know, BHVR has many projects on the go at the same time and us developers can be reassigned according to company needs. I have been moved internally to other projects that have been waiting for me. I don't know for how long or if/when I'll be back to contributing to Eternal Crusade, but I am still close and only two doors away from Mathieu who has been working on EC from the very beginning and continues to do so.

This week I will try to go through all the posts you have made that I have not responded to, and will probably continue to watch the forums and play the game on my own time. TTYS.
    MathieuLavoie and Djemo-SRB like this.
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

[​IMG]

Sad news, i hope you come back to us soon Ian, and i hope that Mathieu will be as receptive to our feedback and as frequent on the forum as you were all this time. Will miss ya.
  9. I would like to take the occassion to give a big THANKS to Ian for all the work he have done on EC. His contribution made a significant difference to the audio quality of the game. He also made much better job than me at keeping in touch with you guys on the forums. Now i can not promise i will be as quick on replies as Ian was, but as mention previously, I read this thread on a regular basis. So no worries, this is still your go to forum section regarding audio comments, concerns and issues. Thanks again Ian, we will miss you :)
  10. ah well the same happened to The Chan some time ago
    and he is back on EC... as far as i know ^^

so hope you will be back soon ian
    you did great work with the com
    hope we helped you alot and hope mathieu will do a similar good job with us ;)

hail the new soundbozz mathieu! screw the old one! dont even know his name anymore!
    MathieuLavoie likes this.