Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. i think I found the bug causing this and I have sent @NoiseMaker the info so hopefully this should fix the voice problem thats been persistent if he doesnt get on soon to see maybe @MathieuLavoie can get with him to check his inbox
    MathieuLavoie likes this.
  2. Yes good catch! thanks to your input we figure out a way to fix it, so the VO volume issue should be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for your help! :)
    Djemo-SRB and Demon-Azrael like this.
  3. Mathieu you need to be more active!
    i had to approve your post cause the forum was thinking you might be a spambot :p
  4. Really? that's weird? my last post must be a couple of weeks ago?

anyhow, i know i don't always post replies to all the questions, sorry about that guys, but i do read this tread on a regular basis. So no answer from me doesn't mean i haven't red your comments. :)

Keep them coming!
    Savij and Djemo-SRB like this.
  5. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

BTW, did anyone notice that this thread is now 150 pages long? Awesome work everyone! Thank you so much for being so active and interested in the audio conversation!
    Djemo-SRB likes this.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Thank you and @MathieuLavoie for doing all the great work!
    MathieuLavoie likes this.
  7. Bl00dyGr0und Subordinate

@NoiseMaker

Really enjoying what youve guys have done with the audio, love the sounds involving running with chaos marines.
    That being said, I've recently come across a bug that doesn't play the audio for taunts or if it does it is so quiet the only time I could hear it was when I tested it out on the garrison. I was wondering if there were any fixes/work-arounds regarding it.
  8. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

Hi @NoiseMaker, im having some troubles when switching from speakers to headphones, sometimes it doesnt change the sound card and i can´t hear nothing, another times it direcly makes my game freeze and the eternalcrusade process going to no response, and i have to restart to have soundcard change detected.

And plz,

FIX the WAAAGH sound. It screams so loud that sometimes my heart suffer. it is totally out of tune.
    Btw Any news about leaders triggering? WAAAGH missng if they left one point.
  9. Dice DicersonWH40k Subordinate

I know you are the soundguy, but is there any reason you are basically the only dev that does anything at all on the forums?

I see so many non-sound questions go completely unanswered.
  10. Our UI girl is also very active
    Same for art design guy

And I guess sound designers have just more spare time at work cause sometimes they just have to listen to something nd not doing anything

Also our opinions make it easier for him to get the sound right

Gameplay and stuff like that is something which needs lots of work currently for obvious reasons
    So I doubt they want to waste any minute here
    Cause it can mean death to the game any minute