Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Okay so sound bug wise:

1) It appears the vehicle engines lowering the sound of your characters voicelines is the thing of the past. However the bug with the characters voice sound being lowered is not gone, I still often need to turn the volume down and then up again to fix this bug during the match (frequently dozen of times in a match). It most often breaks when the character himself spawns into the game world, so perhaps checking that particular event (spawning) and what is happening around it would be the thing to do.

EDIT: Yeah, it would appear each time the voice volume breaks its when you spawn directly into the gameworld (on a point or at the main spawn on the map). Maybe the sounds of other allied characters spawning breaks it i dunno, but its definitely a bug that happens specifically when you spawn.

2)
    The new voices that accompany the psychic powers seem to get totally muted in large fights, and i mean large fights. Most often at places like Fortress Agathio when you are assaulting B point on the cathedral stairs, if you try and use some psychic powers the voices wont play, i guess the game gets overloaded with all the sound input? One thing i also noticed is that to the people around you your chanting while casting psychic powers is barely noticeable. I literally have to be humping my allies leg to hear the chants he is using when he is casting his spells.

I mean sure, dont make allies hear the chanting on the same high volume i hear it (since its coming from my head), but i think it might need a little volume boost, so allies can listen for audio even if they dont see me and know that there is a heal being channeled in the vicinity, so they can get to me for dat healing goodness.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

So this lowering of the voices volume soundbug just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Apparently when fixing it by going into the audio settings and lowering/raising the Master Volume you dont even need to press apply, just press anyone on the Master Volume bar and then press back to 1.0, exit the menu and the voices are back to full volume. By not giving it an apply you didnt really change anything, really weird.
  3. sidri sidri New Member

Question, would it be possible to exclude eldar from search for battles in future? For I have no desire to play with them and it takes some time to find battles with LSM/Orks/CSM.
  4. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

wrong thread m8
  5. sidri sidri New Member

ok, thanks
  6. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

"Hi and welcome to the Eternal Crusade forums. . If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, as I will respond, even if I dont have an answer.

I do not have the answer to your console question. The publisher and my bosses have to decide this and once they do there will be an announcement. I am a content creator so I am not privy to the business discussions.

Thanks!" -Senior Sound Designer

Just to quote Ian here.
  7. mikk mancubus mikk34 Arkhona Vanguard

Hi, will weapons like the deffgun that is an autocannon get there own sounds ?
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

By any chance is there a plan to change the sound file on the Ace Dakka ork unique weapon? The base dakka deffgun sound is kinda weird on a weapon that fires like an auto cannon. Half the time I think there is another loota next to me shooting.

Edit: lulz literally the post before mine just asked the same thing :p
  9. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Hi! Thank you all for the comments, questions and bug reports. I am still on vacation so I'll bring them to @MathieuLavoie 's attention and he'll try to look into them asap. Cheers!
    Djemo-SRB likes this.
  10. Izon Maleficarum Subordinate

@NoiseMaker
    A anoying soumdbug where the echo follows me everywhere i go.
    I picks it up inside building ( as it should ) but then follows outside.
    Veeeery anoying! Even after spawn sometimes.