Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Theres also this annoying bug that lowers the sound of the voices below that of all the other sound effects.

It can be fixed by lowering the Master Volume (irrelevant to which number) and then cranking it back up to 1.0 volume, but the problem is that you have to do this each match because it breaks each match.
    Sofferenza and NoiseMaker like this.
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Think i might have potentially identified how this comes about. When you spawn a vehicle from the spawn screen your character still activates his "spawn cheer" voiceline, as he does it gets muted halfway so the sound of the engine of the vehicle you just spawned can become dominant (im assuming the sound backend has priorities?).

Often when you spawn like this the "lowering of the voice sound" bug occurs, perhaps it works fine at the start by lowering the volume of the character and giving priority to the vehicle sounds but then doesent return priority to the character sounds once the character leaves the vehicle.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  3. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Good idea. We will look into this on Monday. Thanks!
    Hotab and Djemo-SRB like this.
  4. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

A small little nitpick, more of a clarity/immersion change then fixing a bug.

When a Chaos character is wounded he tends to say "I am wounded!" or "Sorcerer, i need healing!".
    In comes the Khorne Mark. Those marked by Khorne would never shout out for aid from a Sorcerer, cause they really dont like psykers. More importantly, their hatred of psykers is already reflected in the game by their inability to be healed by the very Sorcerers that the voicelines they use are calling for.

Perhaps once you don the Mark of Khorne that particular voiceline gets removed from the "voice basket" that each character uses? Cause it kinda goes beyond immersion, some people will turn around and try and heal the guy who basically did an automatic response, but who cannot really be healed.
    NoiseMaker and Sofferenza like this.
  5. Big fan of the changes to the Mark of Khorne voice. Much better than it was! Skulls for the skull throne!
    NoiseMaker, Sofferenza and Xeltan like this.
  6. Congrats on launch sound team!

A few issues to list and a few requests.

1. Jump Pack sound bug. Dodging left or right while locked onto a target often triggers a sound bug where the jet pack continues to whine at a very high pitch until you do a ground pound. It's been around forever but seems to be much more frequent since launch. It's extremely annoying.

2. Sound issues on Harkuss and Agnathio. All sounds very buggy.

Requests/future content:

1. It would be really nice to have audio messages for immersion as different milestones during a match occur.

-Servitors or voiceover from Warlord when an objective is captured, when a gate is destroyed, when a significant change of power occurs during the match.

-Sirens blaring and emergency lights flashing for 10 to 15 seconds when a Fortress gate is destroyed.

-Sounds of the fortress gate falling with associated screen quake. Also a dust cloud.

2. Ability to choose custom voiceovers off of the store. Ability to choose the voiceovers we want in our line up.

3. Ability to slot a specific voiceover or two for when we do executions. So a voiceover plays when we do an execution. "In the name of the Emperor DIE XENOS SCUM!" as the deathblow is delivered.

4. Audio cues when we get an invite to a warparty. We cannot see invites from the loadout screen.

5. Audio cue if we get kicked or dropped from a warparty.

6. Audio cue when we get a scenario pop.

7. Audio cue when the group is qued for a match.

8. Audio cue and message when we level up and reach milestones.
  7. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

NoiseMaker likes this.
  8. GT3000 GT3000 Xenotechnologist

A few bugs I've noticed. No idea if anyone has these but here it goes.

1) Spawning from a Rhino next to an active player (particularly a tank firing it's machine gun) seems to carry the audio source as if the player was standing right next to it (hence the "WHY IS THERE A MACHINEGUN IN MY HEAD?) complaints

2) Occasionally all the audio except music disappears, until you die and then it disappears again. Seems like the audio listener for sound effects gets terminated prematurely. Only resetting the game helps with that.

3) Taunts not directly next to you from other players seem really distant and muted at times.
    NoiseMaker and OgrynLord like this.
  9. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Good catch. I fixed it today. There were 4 lines available but 3 of them mentioned sorcerers in some way, so those three got dropped. Once I am free to submit my changes they will work themselves out to the builds.
    mikk34, Hotab and Djemo-SRB like this.
  10. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Thanks. I have sent the bugs and suggestions to @MathieuLavoie as he is handling the bugs and future audio scoping.
    Djemo-SRB likes this.