Background Image

Let's Make Some Noise! Now with MathieuLavoie

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by NoiseMaker, May 27, 2015.

1. BrunoGrimaldi Mohax Active Member

Looks like its related to the transition to the proxy, because it mostly depends on your relative height position when entering a vehicle. On level terrain its okay (though sometimes not) and on uneven terrain sound volume corellates with your relative Y axis position.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  2. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

@NoiseMaker I think some of your sound files are getting misplaced on orks. Had a couple matches where my shoota boy made tank movement and gun sounds while running/shooting.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Live the Dakka, be the Dakka.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  4. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

I really could do with some video of this to even try to guess what is going on.
  5. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

There has been some very serious work trying to track down audio bugs in the last 48 hours. Please help us out and let me know if there are any persistent sound bugs still remaining on patch 24.

If you find bugs, and can give us a video of them, that would be even more awesomer.
    mikk34 and Djemo-SRB like this.
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I'll keep an eye out.

Word description though: sometimes when I spawn with a shoota (regardless of weapon) as soon as I start playing I make screeching tank noises, my gun sometimes sounds like a sponson gun, and when ever I turn I make the rotating turret noise.

It happens regardless of playtime. First match of boot up or 8 straight hours of play. The frequency seems to be something like 1 in 20 spawns (not positive on that). It has also happened on Zedek, Maggon, Blackbolt, and that one map whose name always escapes me with B cap point surrounded by lava.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  7. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

Now that 24 is on live we will be trying to nail down more specific audio bugs so repro steps become crucial. Like I have said before, we are not hearing as many problems as are being reported so detailed bug reports are critical to fixing the issues. Video is incredibly helpful as with just a few recently handed over to us we were able to nail down a few things.

Enjoy the battles!
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Some feedback on 1.0:

1) The loud engine bug is gone for the most part, it still appears on a few maps, most often on the one with lava.

2)
    The new "radio" effect that you get when squadmates ask for things over "cheers/barks" is awesome, but its kinda silent, can barely make out what they are saying.
    NoiseMaker likes this.
  9. Ian Chuprun NoiseMaker Senior Sound Designer

1) Excellent. We are still hunting down some issues on vehicles though. Stay tuned.
    2) Yes agreed. Raising the volume on those guys asap.

Thanks!
    Djemo-SRB likes this.
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

The engine sound problem seems to be most pronounced on Maggon.
    NoiseMaker likes this.