Background Image

Learn from those better than you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Nimrock, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimrock Nimrock Well-Known Member

This is wisdom that was repeated to me by many of my martial arts teachers.
    "If you want to progress don`t keep your eyes and ears closed for those who are surpass you."
    I am hearing about "constructive criticism" form a long time. So this is my.
    Watch this video and tell us why we don`t have things working like this?
    Matsukovich likes this.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Cipher

We're going to pretend 4v4 is same as 30v30 performance wise?

Also, its new IP which doesn't have chains of GW holding it tight down.
  3. Nimrock Nimrock Well-Known Member

I wasn`t talking about quality but how good menu shows your cosmetics... focus on head when you change helmet etc.
    Ok so what about that?

Is this also couse of GW?
    Matsukovich and LucasDominus like this.
  4. forget quality do the UI!
  5. Well, it's true, a 4v4 and a 30v30 aren't the same thing, but there is still much to be taken, I'll list some examples:

- In For Honor it's much harder to get uneven teams because very well programmed Bot AIs take over leavers.
    - Even though it's a 4v4 it has a lot more going on screen, like, literally dozens of npcs fighting eachother.
    - Map Design is well done and I never felt like i was in a disadvantage in any map.
    - They pulled of the many times called impossible here task of having NPC armies fighting along player that really creates that feeling of a chaotic battlefield.
    - Scenery in general is better done, all maps feel unique and not just copy pasted parts rearanged
    - Beautiful environmental effects
    - A melee system that really works well and could be adapted to work in EC too, but i'm not sure if it could be done legally
    - Beautiful customization from day 1.

And the most glaring part that deserves to be mentioned on it's own: The World Maps and Faction War.

It looks amazing, it's interactive and it really is a war between the factions in which you can take part in and collect the spoils and not a picture of the moon with some color coded stains that supposedly show how much your faction is winning or losing but it doesn't really matter because the campaigns are just a lame quest of "win X matches.".

And let's also take into account For Honor uses P2P Clusters intead of Dedicated Servers, perhaps with Dedicated Servers it could have bigger battles, but we just don't know that, like we don't know how well EC would run on a P2P Clusters netcode.
  6. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

You mean the bot that spams the same attack in the same direction on loop until you show it mercy and push it off a bridge?

It's hardly a suitable stand in for a player, and without the time and resources that For Honor had available to it any stand in bots would perform even worse in EC, particularly as it's a shooter and ranged AI have a fine line between worthless and walking aim bots.
    BaronXIII likes this.
  7. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

8. Nimrock Nimrock Well-Known Member

But about campaigns system...
    Anyone can explain to me why For Honor can have real campaigns but EC after half year of delay managed to give us rewards for 10 victories?
    You know it is not about trying to be super innovative in everything you do. Sometimes it is you just look at things other created and implementing something similiar. Then eventually you are trying to improve it.
    Matsukovich likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.