Background Image

Lash of Slaanesh Buffed, Flickering Fire/Stream still garbage

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by CyberneticSaturn, May 10, 2017.

1. They buffed the only good attack spell and left the unusably bad ones unusable? I'm pretty sure Lash is actually OP now.

What? Am I in bizarro world?
    Paeyvn likes this.
  2. Karandras Codex33 Drill Abbott

Yea lash is really viable right now, and incredibly strong against shield bros. It can totally replace the pistol.

I'm using a sorceror with Lash of Slaanesh, force axe (for the charge/evade attacks) and the standard healy beam and it's SUPER effective.

I find that hysterical frenzy kinda sucks and isn't worth the additional LP cost right now.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Stream o Puke still seems like a pretty effective counter to the Shield Drone if you ask me ... :(
  4. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I still use Flickering Fire. It's for fun more than effectiveness though.
  5. We'll see if the Noah answers my question on twitch.
    SOC and FF are still garbage and not on par with a pistol, and more importantly the Apothecary bolter.
  6. I mean, they could have done that to you with a gun much faster, if we're being honest. That would have drained his charge bar almost entirely too.

But you clearly haven't seen the terror that is new lash of slaanesh - you can do it to someone with lash in half the time. I think it was balanced by the short range before, but now you can throw your shield up at 25 meters and still get blown away by magic. The user DOES have to be able to aim though.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

no dude a gun can not penetrate my shield when i'm blocking.
    a gun would have lost line of sight when i ducked into the staircase to wack the theentz mofo ( wich was my mistake i should have engaged the MoN sors to stop the Soc) , so he should have moved up to regain sight and shoot me over the railing if he had a gun . that would all have been time spent not shooting at me. and i might have been able to get him into melee if he had a gun and repositioned to shoot down the staircase. infact i was kinda hoping he'd res the other guy i 1st killed so i could have turned around and .. you know...apply le ol mace to face. but he dint .. =(

and i have seen the terror that is slaanesh tentacle , i just pull my shield and lol as i charge him .. not really impressed.

soc is like the spell that can kill a shield bro straight through the shield , no bolter can do that.
    60 drum bolter takes almost its whole mag just to eat though my shield and armor , by the time my armor is gone my shield is back up. ( mastercrafted extra regen modded shield)

tzeentch fire might but it takes long to stack it up to a decent amount of damage. and almost instantly loses stacks when you break Los or if he misses
    Soc can not miss and is very forgiving when breaking los , usually still tetering a bid after you break the line of sight.

MY FACE IS MY SHIELD!!

wait what?
  8. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

They did say yes on the stream to more psyker love, so heres to hoping Stream of Corruption and Flickering Fire are next on the buff list.
    Aislinn and KorgasTheReforged like this.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

i can't wait for a FF buff tbh..
    Tzeentch can really use the love!
  10. Azrakhai Exosus Arkhona Vanguard

Lash was buffed?
    I'll have to go give it a try now.

I really wish Flickering Fire gets buffed.
    I just use it every now and again to annoy the enemy when I do somehow manage to kill them with it.

It's like tickling them to death with a feather.
    Great when it actually happens, but such a pain to do.