Background Image

Just a small suggestion regarding the Fusion Pistol

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Rheeva, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

So, why you decided to nerf one of the weaker and, simultaneously coolest sidearms in the game is beyond me, but whatever, its fine.
    Whats done is done, no hard feelings.

However, the main reason why the Fusion Pistol was underused was not the damage, but the cost. It simply wasnt worth +100LP, its definetely worth +100LP now. So, just reduce the price to the same as the Shuriken Pistol and we are all good, with two technically balanced, effectively slightly underpowered Pistol choices, that will both see some use.
    Sily, Noromiz, Firskon and 3 others like this.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

...through necessity, not choice. The Shuriken Pistol is really awful. I emptied three full clips into an Ork earlier before he died.
    No guarantee, given the spread of the thing, that all of those shots actually found their target, of course.
    Noromiz likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

The fusion pistol was having the same damage as the fusion gun wich is dumb because in EC the pistols are weaker than their primary variants so he got put inline with the others
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I mainly used the fusion pistols on my melee characters to deal with shield users.. never actually for AV
    Slough_Monster likes this.
  5. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

I guess the Bolt Pistol does less damage than the Bolter as well now, then, right?
    Silfarion, Noromiz, Velenor and 8 others like this.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i know
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Because the Fusion gun is widely known to deal a lot fo damage?

That is actually exactly the problem I am having with their current line of balance: They dont really seem to care how an asset performs, they just look at what the stats are on paper and then normalize it.
    I dont think they nerfed the Tempest because it was OP or because everyone complained. Jasons initial response to me made it pretty clear that they nerfed the Tempest because it was not doing what a heavy weapon was supposed to do, it was to good on the open field (which is why it was competitive in the first place).

I get, why they would do normalization, but I dont think its healthy for the game.
    It destroys assymmetrical balance and it leads to acts as pointless as nerfing the powerfist.
    They dont buff the Banshee because, in numbers, she is just fine. If you put LP on everything she can and can not do, she is as powerful as any class. So is the DA, so is the Fire Dragon.
    It also shows a frightening level of disconnection. I dont know, who does balance novadays, but they are either not aware of how things actually look in the game or willfully ignoring it.
    I really hope its all part of a plan, maybe they do normalization now so they can do real balance later, but if they plan to just leave it at that...we have a problem.
    Sily likes this.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

did you try aiming.. or did you use the standard keybind that's actually not aiming but just melee lock + hip fire and has spread as big as Tenacious D's lead singers ass.
    I ask because the spreads a lot better when you actually bind a key to the aim function and actually aim with the thing.
    also puls fire. and use heavy barrel obviously...
    Brujah likes this.
  9. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Playing as Ork, I loved it when an Eldar starts aiming and their movement slows to a crawl.
    Silfarion likes this.
  10. Shouldn't damage get regulated by range? So same damage should have been fine, if the pistol has a shorter range (not sure about that and can't check right now, but I guess so). Just like I think it's with other pistols.