Background Image

Jumppacker Health normalization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eagle_11, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Jumppack using classes hitpoint reduction should be tied to +fuel items, so that an vanilla 2 fuel Jpa has 100 Hp, 3 fuel has 80 Hp(+5 from 75), 4 fuel has 65 Hp base.
  2. Just increase JPA health. They're like the one melee class I can't get to work...
    Maybe give all JPAs a 15% run speed boost by default?
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

And then ground melee would become completely irrelevant.

Survivability of JPAs come from mobility, not raw hp, if you're approaching the way where you've been shot at, you're approaching the wrong way.
    Arafael likes this.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

No
    because we can take 2 fuel charges and 50% fuel regen. and slap a hp item in the wg1 slot for lsm.
    eldar have pewpew pigeons so they don't count and orks can do the same and equip a gob.
    chaos can also do something similar but don't actually gain any hp by doing so since they have marks in 1 slot and regen/charges in the other.
  5. Mobility comes at a cost of HP in this game. Just ask the Eldar.
    Arafael, Schwifty and Katitof like this.
  6. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

But muh cap key (chaos/ork) and muh shield (LSM). If jump classes where taking jobs away from the hard working ground assaults, do something about ground assaults, not make another class shittier. That sort of thinking makes no sense.
    Data8671 likes this.
  7. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Irrelevant, better mobility equals to lower health.
    If you can't accept that, don't play JPA.

And do not talk with "if"s, we've literally been there and done that, this is exactly why JPAs are more squishy, they WERE taking jobs away from GAs and shields or capping didn't matter in the slightest - why you need a shield, when you can cover 50m distance is a single second? Why you need a cap key, when there is always tactical behind?

You can't have eat a cake and habe it.
  8. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

You don't want this because you're Eldar. You want jump classes to be shitty to be on par with your whole faction
  9. You rarely see JPAs do well (hawks excludedn, they're not comparable), do clearly something's up with them.
  10. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I don't want this, because I am here since day 1 when it was like that, because I know how melee meta looked like when JPAs had as much health as GAs, because there would be nothing else but melee if GAs were even tougher(which also we went through pre release) and because in this game you pay for increased mobility with lowered durability, that includes all eldar classes, double taxed hawks, JPAs and MoS using chaos classes although MoS durability decrease comes from pretty much non existent armor regen, which double taxes Raptors as well as they can get nowhere near the mobility freedom LSM and ork JPA can get AND because I have much better understanding of balance of all classes and all factions then you ever will have.

And yes, if you want mobility to no longer be taxed with life penalties, you need to advocate buff for all eldar classes as well, unless you're comfortable with being a hypocrite.
    Sily and Arafael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.