Background Image

Jump Pack Assault Hard to Use?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Dec 16, 2017.

1. I run fuel regen on all my builds because I hate waiting for it to recharge.
    Jump in and after about 2 swipes your fuel has already recharged. So it is viable imo.
    I do agree with using swords because speed is essential.
    You can cheese with a smart pistol as well using overhead jumps but that's pretty lame tbh. But if you wanna improve your own skills I'd recommend a normal bolt pistol and using it to finish off low hp enemies mostly.

Lastly, if you're new to the melee system, you might wanna practice some more with a shield bro, jump assaults require a bit more finesse. There's usually a few players in the lsm garisson clashing about as well.
    Schwifty and 0strum like this.
  2. Also on ticket or fortress when attacking it can be useful to take a grenade drop on your enemy especially if they are downed in order to stop their supports from healing them.
  3. This works for me on my standard non vet build -

Standard Power Armour
    - because you're tough as nanna's nuts and twice as salty
    Chainblade of Fury
    Master Crafted Bolt Pistol -
    because no self respecting player uses 'smart' pistols and manual ones are SO much better
    Heavy Barrel - slotted for increased accuracy in close range is best​
    Hyper Efficient Jump Pack - for +1 Fuel, 3 in total
    Extra Regulators - for +50% fuel regen speed
    Fuel Cyler - for 3% extra fuel regen speed
    Health Unit Major - for filler, gives more percentage benefit over armor
    Medi Pack - for those superman moments where you get to swoop in and save an ally and jump up and away!
  4. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

Maul is actually my favorite, but use whatever works for you.
    landing a heavy with a Maul is almost a guaranteed kill. Tacs can only clang 3 to 4 times before breaking. It obliterates shield bros who are used to being able to hide after losing a couple clangs and if you d-bash someone, you can just shoot them to death with your pistol.
    Talron likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Best tip is gitgud with normal melee weapons 1st before you try and use the slower weapons since they take quite a bid more " patience" to use.
    And generally speaking you don't want to use slow weapons on JPA's since you lack the EHP to take hits , you need to be quick with your attacks so you can I frame when needed instead of being stuck in a slow weapon animation.
  6. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

I'm a maul main user but only on GAs if you are playing a jump don't expect to get over 30 kills a game because they are designed to disrupt enemies and allow the team to push in without taking heavy fire. I tend to run 3 fuel and Regen on my builds to really help with this and I almost always take a powersword or Chainblade of fury if you are LSM.
  7. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

JPA is about picking the flank you wanna exploit. Or how many Devs can i kill before they notice. So picking your fights is important. Same goes for GA.
    Talron likes this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

:eek:
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Bird.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

PrplHze likes this.