Background Image

Join EC Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thraxus, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Hi, my name is Alpharius :CSMAlpha: and I'm an EC survivor. It's been *edit update* 25 days since I last logged in on 17/08/2017 and I feel fantastic.

How many days/months/years has it been since you last subjected yourself to the misery, pain and suffering that is EC.

Make it to one month and get your very own EC Anonymous merit badge:
    ASSDFDSAF.png
    The commandments of EC Anonymous - Why we abstain:
    • Ever Enduring exploitable bugs left in the game because /Cheasymode Ranged Crutch Fest: Rollex/Scopex? - Check
    • One sided boring gameplay due to Ranged Hand-Holding? - Check
    • Optimization? (wait we have optimization?)
    • Cheap old tin shack servers that don't cover the entire player base? - Check
    • Open World Closed World Lobby Melee brainless Shooterclone? - Check
  2. I just did 10 days away, but then again I had no internet whatsoever so it's not like I could have played EC anyway.
  3. Meanwhile on UAT:
    About 99% bolter classes used yesterday (other than like 2 jpa players, one of which was me)
    Thraxus likes this.
  4. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

My last game was in March 2018.

My big fallout with EC was in December 2017.
    September 2017 was the last time that the devs dared to shows their faces in public and the last time that we were allowed to ask them questions. We were assured by Nathan, Katie and JBregg that the game is doing fine and that everything will be fine and there is no reason to start worrying.
    In December 2017, Nathan launched the volunteer-groups.

* I had originally proposed in the forum to start a large-scale community-project to do statistical analysis of EC-matches to see where it needs balancing. My OP contained a plan what data to collect and which statistical equations we would need to analyze the data.
    For that I was attacked, insulted, belittled and ridiculed, by Asheru and others.
    I was condescendingly lectured by Asheru that the community cannot contribute anything of note in terms of balancing because we have only a fraction of the data. Only the devs know where this game needs balancing, because they have all the data.
    And then in December 2017 Nathan outsourced balancing to the community via "Scream While Dying".

After being told that we cannot balance EC, we were graciously granted permission to balance EC for the devs. For free.

* There had always been calls from the community to contribute directly to EC with cosmetics and stuff. Nathan had always DECLINED, citing as a technical reason the way EC is coded. And then suddenly it WAS possible and after 2 years of DENYING THAT A WORKSHOP IS EVEN POSSIBLE we suddenly got a workshop, and just at a time when it had become undeniable that the game is stagnating.

After being told that it's not possible for us to create content, we were graciously granted permission to create content for EC for the devs. For free.

* The first plan for background-stories was Graham McNeill. That plan died before launch.
    The second plan, mid-2017, was to bring in a different Black Library WH40k-author, from IIRC Australia, whose name Nathan refused to mention.
    And then, after years of being ASSURED that the background-story has been taken care of, all of a sudden we were granted permission to write the background-story for Behaviour Interactive for free, and just at a time when it had become undeniable that the game is stagnating.

After being told that the background-story has been taken care of, we were graciously granted permission to write a background-story for EC for the devs. For free.

I wrote a few angry posts, my posts were deleted and locked by Asheru, with the explanation that they are, quote, "not helpful."
    I wrote Asheru a lengthy DM that I'm tired. I'm just so tired of being lied to ALL THE TIME.
    Nathan begging for our help while at the same time bragging that he doesn't need our help.
    I was tired.
    Tired of being lied to.
    I could not take it anymore.

And with that I left.

I briefly returned for one week for a campaign in March 2018, lured back with the promise of RTC, until I realized what I was doing here:
    I was grinding an unbalanced, unfun game for in-game currency that I won't spend anyways because there is nothing to buy except cosmetics.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

And ?

Btw to get 99% bolter you would need at least 200 players
    Atsidas likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I don't like facebook. So do many other people.
    What I find difficult to understand is why many are proud of not liking facebook. You either do or don't, done.
    And whats just weird as hell is if people use facebook to inform others of how much they hate it.
    See where I'm going with this?
  7. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Because we demand an answer before we leave.

Because we cling to this ridiculous, desperate emotional need that the devs show us that they valued us after all we have been though.
    Because we desperately want to see them value us enough to tell us the truth just for once.
    Because we refuse to admit to ourselves that we were stupid enough to stay in an abusive relationship with someone who never deserved our trust.
    Thraxus likes this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

You were tho and still are since you cant leave and keep crying
    Atsidas likes this.
  9. Kjall Kjall Active Member

Please just go away, all you're doing right now is looking for mercy in a place that will give you none for your ignorance and idiocy, if all you can do here is bitch and whine about how much you hate the game without AT LEAST making somewhat logical suggestions like @Deathwish for example does on occasion and only "countering" arguments because of your feelings feeling like 40k should be an all exclusive melee game then by all means uninstall and forget about this game, but for the love of god stop trying to make some martyr out of yourself because you think aiming in shooters is an easy skill to obtain and that melee should trash everything in it's way like a retarded khornate berzerker fantasy and literally anyone with a brain disagreeing with you.
    Atsidas and Krayt like this.
  10. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

You should join the EC-Forum Anonymous too. Abstain from this place forever.
    Aislinn, Kjall, Atsidas and 1 other person like this.