Background Image

It's still moving (Bad Maps)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Jun 5, 2019.

1. I am quite suprised. After a while not playing i logged into some matches and was quite amazed that there are still people playing the Zombie.
    I even had some kind of fun i have to admitt. While it's just LSM vs CSM, we even had 2-3 Ork Matches going.

If this doesn't show bE that this game has potential, i don't know what else does.

However... as fun as the games are, there is always that asshole moment when it tells you that you are going to Carmine Ascent...
    Or that Canyon thing that should have been an abortion but they still deciced that it should be part of the map-pool.
    Or Promethium Mine, aká "Play Sniper or get spawn-camped"

Question towards the community, would you be sad if those maps were taken out of the map-pool?
    Katzu_HSM likes this.
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I'd actually play the game more if it had half decant maps and new stuff to use.
    Most of the newer maps make no sense imo.
    Their just a random collection of stuff on a map.
    There is only 1 newer map that i really enjoy and that's the one with the big mountain and stuff.
    (cant remember the name)

take the sniper map. for instance.
    There are only 2 decant parts in that map.. the container pile. and a small urban like area near the C point I think it was....where fights are enjoyable the rest s like a kid made it out of lego and cardboard in fact no.. it looks more like classic necromunda terrain , you know the kind with the plastic and the cardboard.
    And why are their tunnels ? why is that water bassin there ? is it a water treatment plant or .. a mine .. or something else ?
    what is it ?
    Nothing on this map looks organic or natural to me.

At Least the old maps had a theme and looked somewhat believable as a complex or a city wall or what not
    Not that these don't have their problems
    Mostly that the maps have interesting areas where no one ever fights because there is no reason to be there do to capture point layout.

That's sniper map can def be taken out of rotation and maybe fix it up a little.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Sniper map changes on aut yesterday.

they .. added some stuff to it ? in area's no one ever comes.
    Hard to see with how people play on aut..
    Basically just spend 2 hrs spawning and dying while apparently something got tested...
  4. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

Question towards the community ........... Eeee ..... community ????? Ahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!
  5. I really think some of the maps could be sliced up and made into really great smaller maps. Yeah-yeah not that easy, but what is there to lose?