Background Image

Is the Arkhona Campaign a Black Crusade?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Andraina, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Andraina Andraina Curator

I didn't know where else to ask this but everyone's saying the game is going to be Canon, is this going to be Abaddon's 14th Black Crusade? I just don't see any reason why he'd pull his forces from Cadia especially if he had a foothold. Or are they putting Arkhona in another time period. Either way, I'm sure this coalition of Traitor Legions would be considered a Black Crusade so, is there any way to explain what's going on based on what we know?
  2. Blak Cruz ade'? Why Blak?

I'z finkin it'd be more ov'ah red wun

(Second favorite faction is chaos, haven't a clue if this could be considered a black crusade, I'd be for it though).
  3. Sigvald Darthy Curator

This is one of countless engagements over the 13th black crusade.

There's no 14th Black Crusade, because everyone is dead after this one is over. :p
  4. Andraina Andraina Curator

Well I'm just wondering who Abaddon kept fighting on Cadia. Apparently those on Cadia are cut off due to the Imperial Fleet driving back the Space forces. So who is left while Abaddon repositioning the brunt of his force in a whole different area of the Galaxy? I mean he was making progress, but suddenly this huge scale redeployment? I'm trying to figure out how this can be explained. Or are they going to suggest the attack on Cadia was actually a diversion to obtain whatever is on Arkhona?
  5. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Was that from the old 13th Black Crusade tourny? that things been non-canonical for quite some time, the writers don't really factor it in.
  6. Rikamar Rikamar Well-Known Member

The battle of Arkhona players will take part in is set at the tail end of the 13th Black Crusade, when the war for Cadia is stuck in a deadlock.

Here is a galaxy map showing the segmentum that Arkhona (Kharon System) is in, Segmentum Obscurus, here @lexicanum. While lexicanum says unknown, Wikia says it's in the Scyllan Sector & Atreyan Sub-sector. Which is also said in the short story Blood Price, ‘Segmentum Obscurus, Scyllan Sector, Atreyan sub-sector. Imperial Cartographae Designation Three-Nine-Nine-Seven, Lambda-Ultima Compliant.’ I have no idea exactly where those are. Here's Concept Art of the Kharon System in the Media Center.

The battles that take place during Black Crusades are across multiple fronts all over aren't they? So not a farfetched for fighting to spread to Arkhona especially in the same segmentum as the Eye of Terror and Cadia, and with good reason. "Arkhona will burn the galaxy" sounds important. Or just Eldar trickery I mean why would a Phoenix Lord say that to a powerful Chaos Sorcerer with connections to Abaddon himself?

Whether it's canon remains to be seen and not only at GW saying "Yes this is canon." but also in the future of the future with GW saying "Yes we will keep this as canon.". EC will have a story line at least, to what extent I have no idea. What happens if whatever powerful thing that's drawing so much attention to Arkhona is claimed or destroyed (or revealed to be Eldar/Harlequin trickery/shenanigans)? Will the game then just close it's servers saying "Tyranids came and nom'd everyone. The end."? Will we go to a new planet or even a new system (like one closer to Tau or give GW an oppurtunity to unveil FTL space travel to Tau ships because they should f***ing have such high tech by now?)? Will Faction leaders change? Will novels and stuff be made about the battles on Arkhona and in the Kharon system? Will GW make novels based on the battles in the Kharon system that finally contain an answer to the question of how many licks does it take to get to the center of an Eldar soulstone?
    Djemo-SRB likes this.
  7. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

Arkhona is close to the eye of terror and to the second part, yes, it also looks to me like the 13th black crusade was a diversion to get what is on Arkhona, so the secret of Arkhona will probably be way over the top even for the 40k universe...
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

no. it's probally part of the 13th crusade.
  9. Sigvald Darthy Curator

The death throes of the imperium is a diversion? :p
    Phorr and Bladerunner777 like this.
  10. Loik a sleepin 'nid datz de size of da planet

Or dat 'nid is da planet.
    Matsukovich likes this.