Background Image

Industrial Plasma Pistol

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by ItGetsAllOver, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

This thing is hot (HA!) garbage. Anybody found any use for it? Three shots and it overheats, stripping armor, but not scoring a kill. The regular plasma pistol can kill before it overheats. Even the humble bolt pistol can kill in a clip if you're a decent shot.

What's the point?
  2. GitGud Recruit

DPS before or after melee attacks. its way better to immediately start eating health rather than hitting armour for two or three slaps.

so where the plasma pistol would do like half armour damage for 2 or 3 shots, the industrial takes it all away, but it's also good for finishing since it's still got higher damage.

you could also do two or three charged shots per overheat with it, so that's good.

if you dont like industrial use mercury since they have the same idea (mercury has 666 ROF and extended mag)

you could also try dmg mod grav pistol or archaeotech grav pistol. archaeotech is interesting because it has such a long heatup time.
    Slough_Monster likes this.
  3. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

Eh. For the LP cost it just doesn't seem worth it. The regular plasma pistol works much better (for me, at least). I'll mess with it some more tonight.
  4. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

It's actually kind of the best plasma pistol ingame....
  5. GitGud Recruit

who needs plasma pistols when you can have plasma cannon with mortar mode
  6. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

How so? Because I unload a normal plasma pistol and kill someone before it overheats. You get three shots from the industrial plasma pistol. Like I said, unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see how it's better. The LP cost doesn't seem worth it.

Correction: Four shots from the IPP to overheat. 16 from the plasma pistol. It does roughly half again as much damage as the plasma pistol.
  7. Fangz Fangz Menial

You are not supposed to be using the Plasma pistol as if it is a rifle anyways.
    For Tactical, I would not suggest equipping this weapon since you could always just carry a plasma rifle.
    For Ground Assault, fire off a shot or two before engaging in melee, or shoot at injured enemies trying to run away.
  8. GitGud Recruit

well it's like bringing a baby mortar - you can use the charged shot as a grenade launcher if you're good with it, so it has some use rather than taking a shorter range nade for a tac.

i think its least useful for GA since youre sacrificing shield

i think its most useful for jetpack assault since you can sneakily charge a shot from a roof, which stuns, then Arial assault, which also stuns.
  9. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

It does the same damage on a charged shot as the regular plasma pistol though.

I messed with it some more. I just don't like it. Maybe it's a personal preference thing, but the regular plasma pistol strips armor fast enough for my GA anyway. I use it when I'm closing or they're running and get the kill anyway, plus I don't have to worry if I miss a couple shots.
  10. GitGud Recruit

i don't really use the plasma pistols at all anymore, i'm more of a jetpack assault so the smart bolt pistol is better, since i can fire while i'm evading.