Background Image

Importing EC files into SFM.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by ZeGit, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ZeGit ZeGit Recruit

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask a quick question about SFM importing. Back in the day I used SFM and made quick TF2 posters, it was great fun, now I want to get back to the hobby but add Warhammer 40,000 to it. I have been thinking on some posters but the biggest issue that I had was finding the right addons, the space marine ones weren't hard to find but the biggest issue that I've come across were the maps. I figured that I could use some parts of the EC maps but I do not know how to do it properly. If somebody has ever experienced with importing EC files into SFM, help would be much appreciated, if somebody made warhammer 40,000 SFMs before, tips, tricks and alternatives for map importing would also be quite welcome.

P.S: I am currently searching for a Space Hulk map for my Deathwing poster.
  2. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Don't know about EC importing, gotta ask the devs pretty sure but if you wan't deathwing maps then the game Space Hulk Deathwing is the best choice you'll ever have.
  3. ZeGit ZeGit Recruit

Thank you for answering! I have kept an eye at this game for some time now but I am not planning to buy it just for importing files. I will try to find an alternate way of getting the maps out of it. However I have stumbled unto another obsticle, while searching for the maps from EC I could not find them in the game files. If somebody knows the exact location of the maps folder, then help would be much appreciated.
  4. I believe all that info is in the eternacrusade.pak file. But you would be violating the EULA if you were to unpack it. . . Sup to you.