Background Image

Important! Do not apply Steam giftable edition on yourself!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

[Repost from Steam]

Important! Do not apply Steam giftable edition on yourself! Bad things happen!!!
    21 April - Oveur_BHVR
    Depending on how you purchased Eternal Crusade over the last 3 years, very bad things can happen if you apply the giftable edition.

Steam tells our systems us you're no longer Premium - or any version of that. If this happened to you, contact us below.

As a paying player you get this on top of your paid edition:

- 20,000 RTC ($20) given to you when you log in the first time after the 1.3 Content Update.

- A Steam giftable and tradable ($20) package of the full version of the game. You can give it to a friend or sell it on the Steam Marketplace.

- The Venerable Items will no longer be available for purchase, unique to you before the transition.

So again:

Do not apply your Steam giftable version on yourself!

It's a giftable version and not intended to be applied to an account that already has the Premium game. It might have worked for some of you, and you may or may not have gotten the 20K RTC.

If you have encountered this, please send us in the BILLING category here:
    https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1. What exact version of the game you had

2. Did you uninstall, remove permanently or do anything else to the initial copy

3. Did you ever try pressing the Free to Play button during that time after you bought the initial copy?

4. Have you bought any other of the packages since then?

5. Did you end up with multiple copies in your library?

Support will hook you up real good.

BILLING category here:
    https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  2. Just got back into the game after months of not playing. Waiting on your Support team to fix this mistake for me. So far it doesn't really seem like I'm hooked up "real good" at all. Pretty crappy response since it's my first request of Support as a Founder. They ignore what my request is about and keep asking how it happened.

This is how it happened. The game was boring and clunky. I uninstalled it. I saw a gift in my Inventory, thought it was an upgrade. I applied it, hoping that it would fix a few issues then reinstalled the game and started playing again. Unfortunately, it's still a clunky, laggy third person shooter.

In the future, if you send gifts to backers make sure they don't say "this product requires the base game to play." Of course it makes it seem like an upgrade, so I applied it. I'd prefer a refund honestly rather than have it back in my Inventory.
  3. i did it, i used the steam gift card on my account, but i wasn t premium and i had nothing.
    so i don t have 2 things: my premium full game state and the gift card for a friend!

i bought the game on 31/01/2017
    when tha game went F2p i received nothing but a free card.
    i used it yesterday and i had 10 seconds of PREMIUM then i went back to normal

my account on Steam is ALIENWARE GAMER ALX (nhirlathothep)
  4. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

? So you bought the game before it was free to play but weren't premium when free to play came around?
  5. yes!
    then i used the gift card on my account and wasted it too!
  6. You were and are premium, you just can't understand what it means. Read premium to f2p comparison more carefully.
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Question, do you have access to the jump assault? If you do then you are premium. You can ask for another giftable through a support ticket.
  8. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I applied the gift version to my (Founder) account yesterday, the only thing that changed was the extra 20k RTC.
  9. it's supposed to be 25k, but otherwise that's all it does, gives you RTC
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I'll just leave this here ;)