Background Image

Idea to gether new Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donrocco, Jul 9, 2018.

?

what would keep you playing more or bring you back. new class or additional tweeks and skins?

1. New class

2. additional class and skins

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Donrocco Donrocco Recruit

hey guys so I have a idea on how to gather new players in waves....

so I recommend doing a simple engineer type class. Space marines have tech-marines, Chaos has War smiths and Orcs have Mech-Boys, I now elder have bone singers as well if im not mistaken.

I recommend to keep things simple, use a simple default infantry skin for each race and allow them a pistol of some sort with a melee weapon while allowing them to....

1 . plant a turret(s)
    2. mines (proximity or contact or trip)
    3. plant flash bangs mines (screen effect "whites out" or goes fuzzy and comes back)
    4. energy Shield walls (MAY BE.... this is way out side the WH40k lore if im not mistaken)
    5. Ammo / life caches.
    6. Drop pod beacon / web way gate / orc via weird boy jump ?( have a cool down on it for people that use it ... i.e like 3 min or longer ?)

I recommend keep it simple in the beginning let the engineers be able to only deploy the same stuff with the same stats across the races ... just to get the additional class up and running. the class should initially not have a bonafide boon to melee or range but keep the engineers weapons at the Default infantry weapon level with no available upgrades possibly ?

additional things like skins and animations and different effects as well as racial difference i.e. some races have different "Deployables " can be done later down the road.

main concept is a quick and fast additional class for player recruitment, given the developers statement last patch note a lot of players came back after the "skull throne" campaign. could you imagine what a additional class would bring back to the fold?
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  2. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

"quick and fast" and "additional class" does not work in the same sentence
    Aislinn, Data8671 and Krayt like this.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Both poll options are literally one and the same.

And the game requires content, which the team is incapable of doing due to resources being permanently pulled off the project.

Nothing will happen that'll bring new or keep current players for long.
    If not for Jbregg alone, game would get not a singular update that wasn't forced by GW events at all.

We never even got promised founder content(4 remaining elites) and people expect new stuff, heh, wish I had the optimism.
    Sily likes this.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

If we wanna go a year without content updates, sure, lets make a new class with it's own mechanics.

If you want to proposition something like this, basically you have to recycle as much as possible. A turret, for instance would need its own model and animations aswell as a good way to place macroscopic, dynamic objects in the game-world.
    Building this from scratch is simply far and beyond the capabilities of the team.
    Sily and Arafael like this.
  5. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

since we have only ONE class, new classes would be a good idea;)
  6. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Quick and fast - balance game better
    - improve TTK, one shot kills are good for full shooter games which EC aint
    - tone down overperforming weapons (stalker bolter, smart pistols for ultimate baddies and plenty other)
    - rebalance support classes, more healers, more revives, bigger player investment in combat and more fun out of it
    - improve melee gameplay, currently any semi decent bolterboy can 100% shut down any melee attempts on his life and easily kill said melee player
    - get rid of promethium mine map totally, its bad, plenty open areas only and camperfest from each side with stalkers and heavies, nowhere near fun combat experience

Just that would easily double or triple current playerbase and give signal for plenty others that game is worth playing and theres hope it can get better.
  7. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

1, 2, 3 and 4 I already post same discussion( get shit post)

smoke grenade maybe but still no

a turret(s) every time capping a point or ai def turret defending the base ( same post in PS2 forum)

good god 34 mins killing and capping the base (PS2 game) a punk ass infiltrator cap the area in 15 secs jesus

+ a massive tank battle outside base a total of 1 hour and 43 mins
  8. Fixed
    Gravord likes this.
  9. Gravord Gravord Active Member

True that.
    Data8671 likes this.
  10. I remember when i was like OP, having hopes and shit.
    So many ideas i had for this game, so much enthusiasm.

I hope you keep that spirit up for a while, cause mine has been grinded to death between all the "soon's"
    Deadknight, LOBOTRONUS and Deathwish like this.