Background Image

I think it's time to part ways...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Data8671, Oct 6, 2018.

?

Do you even still play the game? (I like polls, kinda have to have on on this thread)

1. Yes

2. No

3. Occasionally

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I think it's time to part ways with EC as something I regularly play. I'll still check in from time to time.

I open up the game this evening, and what do I find... 2 games. One of which is an 8(?) man bro stack doing their thing, and a one sided game on maggon where defenders didn't even have a chance. Oh and none of the weapon sounds were working properly.
    The game is in a bad state.

The next update looks ok, another new map (unnecessary but welcome if it is good), some new weapon skins (admittedly very nice ones, that if I was certain I would continue with the game I might have bought), some re-balancing, and grenades finally being dealt with. But I think it won't help. Squads being reduced is- in my opinion- a bad decision that will only lead to boring games waiting around for a transport. No one want to play a game like that...
    Things that are in desperate need of attention are being completely ignored, Carmine C̶a̶m̶p̶s̶i̶t̶e Assent's unfinished state and massive balance issues for example. There is little to no communication between developers and players, this is incredibly frustrating as we have no clue what is happening with the game. We have heard nothing on steam workshop other than a few casual comments over it in discord, with information varying from complete awaiting GW approval to cancelled...
    What happened to cutting up maps for reuse? From what little scraps of information are available apparently it would not take very long at all to do... Why hasn't it been done? Instead of giving us yet another unneeded bolter skin, or another map from scratch (2 of which have been disasters- pro mine is playable now though) when cutting up maps will probably make more consistent and balanced maps in less time and with less effort, maybe focus on more important issues in the game. Seriously BLOP got a 5v5 mode made for them which a lot of players don't want that isn't even going to be in game any time soon because there is no button for it......
    Everything just seems to be meant to frustrate players into quitting, to remove every drop of fun form the game, and not to improve what could be amazing.

Honestly, despite the level of commitment that must be had to stay with this dying game, I feel that a lot of effort has gone into the wrong things.

The only thing that I think is truly helpful to the game that is in the near future (discounting Steam Workshop, as we have heard nothing on that), is successor chapters, if done right.

Goodbye Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.
    Zathral out.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Finally
    Xeltan, Durash, MyrkkyTiikeri and 5 others like this.
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

you should wait for the new big patch code name " closing the game"
  4. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

Cheers
    [​IMG]
  5. Want to come make me git gud come ruin war thunder next.
    ruititadiogo and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. You are only partially wrong here. The arena map isnt the only map that was made specifically for BLOP or by their request. In fact, each one of the new maps (Promethium, Carmine, and the one with drop pods) was made for them. Even you can figure out that the newest map and promethium are good for farming mindless mobs. And Carmine? It was specifically made for BLOPs AV department for target practice. And after this you might realize that quiet a few significant changes were done because BLOP asked for it, an example being nadetrick removal. Devs even went so far as to make personal shoulderpads for members of BLOP.
  7. Yeah, I stopped playing ages ago I just come here to post lewds now.
    I mean there are better games out there, even 40k ones Deathwing is not bad and is a fucking fantastic game compared to EC.

1517502130448.png
  8. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

I haven't played since upload_2018-10-7_22-58-24.png , and I don't plan on logging in again unless significant changes / additions are made to balance, gameplay and content.
    Data8671 and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  9. ZeGit ZeGit Preacher

10. Protesik Protesik Active Member

Мне лень по англо писать, скажу что игра просто 12 из 10, и она все еще жива.
    И да эльдары ОП.
    Squiggot, Azzagtot and Aislinn like this.