Background Image

Howling Banshee - Armour or Lifesteal?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Eldritch, May 12, 2017.

1. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

So, I am trying to play Banshee, and while I realise that melee is not very good right now, I could use some advice.

For Howling Banshees which is better Lifesteal wargear or armour wargear?

I get the idea behind lifesteal, but there just isn't that much health to leech...

So what, in your opinion, is better?
    Sily likes this.
  2. well id go with the armour and not the lifesteal and put on the item that decrease recharge time for the wail and with anything left put into MC power sword mods and trinkets mainly armour, stamina regen
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Advanced armour, Hyper-amplifier, Rejuvenating emblem. So far it works, although the lack of a wraithcure hurts.

I use the lifesteal on elite, but I am not happy with it.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

I looked at that, I could go amplifier or +15 armour wargear...

I find the scream awkward so the +15 looks more tempting, but maybe scream charge would be better?
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Go full lifesteal ,armor is not worth it , lifesteal will permit you to stay in battle longer
    Aringhe likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

The scream really is your main tool. The damage buff usually makes a difference of one hit, for a good opponent that is easily 50% less TtK. A debuffed enemy dies pretty reliably from one heavy attack to the back or one debash+2QA combo.
    Even more: the visual noise wins most fights for you. It confuses enemies, it makes it much safer to charge a target.
    It is particularly helpful to fight multiple enemies, as it buys you an extra second before they start to fight back.
    The 80% charge dont make the world, but its noticeable. Using other gear on my elite I often notice the scream isnt always ready when I need it.
  7. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

Definitely armor. The percentage lifesteal is not high enough to do anything.
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

You can get, I believe, 30% if you slot the end-tier rune. That's substantial.
  9. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I'd run Lifesteal:

Retributive Sightsone ( + 20% Lifesteal, 25HP )
    Rejuvenating Banshee emblem ( 1 Stamina, +30% Stamina regen)
    and Lifesteal mod on the regular powersword ( + 10% Lifesteal )

Try to engage ONLY when your scream is up, fight for 3 seconds, disengage, run a bit (ideally lure your opponent in a trap) or go hit someone else (just hit, unless you can immediately kill him).

My job is distracting the opponent and keep the focus on me so my team can clean things up if I can't do it myself. Thanks to the lifesteal, I can operate without having to put the warlock at risk as he'd be somewhere in the room trying to heal me and then get shot.
    rbk2077, Dragonkindred and Trashed like this.
  10. Trashed Recruit

I think both are viable - With the hyperscream, you can be more of a support character picking up those debuff kill assists playing alongside your team. Also being able to pick off stragglers with shorter scream downtime.

With lifesteal i think you'd have to really be in tune with the dodge attack, sprint attack, etc and really be that acrobat carving through their backlines being self sustained.