Background Image

How to build Dire Avenger?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Mileena, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Mileena Mileena Subordinate

I need help on how to build the Dire Avenger, Any tips from pros much needed.
  2. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

The game is soon to go under a massive overhaul of stats for all races(although mostly us) so my build will be invalid soon fyi

My build is rather basic:
    • Advanced Armour
    • ASC equipped with heavy barrel and textured grip
      (you can swap to stabilising grip if you want a more run and gun/a d spam playstyle)
    • Tear of Isha major and minor
    • Wraithbone Curio major and minor
    • Avenger Aspect Symbol
    • Plasma Grenade
    • Seeker Knife
    • Wraithcure Crystal (or ammo pack if you prefer)
    • basic Pistol (no smart lock)

This build just works for me, accurate rifle with some durability and sustain along with the knife for cqc fights and heavy flanks, the key is the base ASC with heavy barrel, the thing is so darn accurate its great to the point I can no longer use the Twin Linked ASC, remember though always headshot no matter what and try to learn to shoot your grenades to detonate them faster.

If the ASC doesn't work you can remove the Trinkets the Seeker knife and the health/ammo pack for the Twin Linked, like I said I can no longer use it and just find it a waste of points but many people prefer the gun and it might suit you better than it does me, it certain has more damage per mag and faster damage and better ammo capacity than the ASC currently so it does have it pros although its mods are in expensive boxes, the ASC goes up to 12k boxes max.
  3. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

^^

Creepy that's what I run as well, had been using the smart pistol but.. my god it sucks so swapped recently to a basic one.
    thantrus, TheMadnesss and Mileena like this.
  4. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Xio's build mirrors mine. Though I wouldn't discard the TLASC yet (I have an alternative build in case I need it). The TLASC is nice to have handy if you run across tanky builds that like to do that left-right shuffle on you where your headshot rate from the outkitted ASC just doesn't win the DPS race. When I see a strong guild group in the opposing team (or many high ranks), I swap the TLASC build in.

Also, I still use the Smart Pistol to whip the JPAs jet packing out of DBash stuns.
    TheMadnesss and Mileena like this.
  5. UnneccesaryEvil Recruit

I prefer a build with less armour and more mobility

TLAS
    Seeker Knife (mastercrafed if just want to defend against melee)
    Shuriken Pistol, manual
    Resilient Spirit Stone
    Vigour Icon
    Wraithcure and single Grenade
    Trinkets mostly Hp and Armour, sometimes Stamina regen (but the effect seems neglectable)

Usually I close in while shooting, then finish off with knife or dogde behind them.
    Against Heavy Bolters, Dakka Deffgunz even Stormbolters I start with dodging behind them.
    Whitefox550 and Mileena like this.
  6. Razmirth Razmirth Subordinate

I haven't read the other builds yet, but I picked up a few from Feruin, who gets like 20+ kills each game at least. Whatever build you use (the ones above sound great) make sure you aim for the head. sometimes it's hard when they are running, but practice as much as u can. Avenger weapons with a textured grip and heavy barrel are insanely accurate. Most accurate of all factions I'd be willing to bet.

I'm still guilty of this, but don't fire an entire clip into an enemy if you can help it. Aim, Fire short bursts so your aiming reticile goes back to normal. That way you can get head shots a lot more! You can drop s guy pretty quick with head shots, even insanely armored marines. I only empty a clip into a guy if they are super close range and about to attack me in melee.

Ps- if you come across groups of guys, or guys with shields, don't just throw a grenade. Throw it and aim for it and shoot it. 9 times out of 10 if you throw a grenade everyone will jump and roll out of the way. If you shoot it, it blows up instantly. I took out 3-4 guys clustered in a group last night doing this exact thing.

Good luck! Dire avenger is hard to play well, but if you can get used to it, you can wrack up kills like no ones business!
    Faeruin and Mileena like this.
  7. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Rather than start with my list, I'll start with my differences from some of the above. No armour, and I take the plasma grenade bundle. The armour is currently too heavily taxed for now, but we'll see what happens after the UAT changes get rolled to Live. Second part of that is the grenade bundle, and I use it a lot. Grenades get kills if you know how, and spamming them is a guilty pleasure.

-MC ASC with increased accuracy barrel and reduced movement spread.
    -Plasma grenade bundle.
    -Wraithcure heal
    -Basic knife and (dumb) pistol with no mods.
    -Stamina +1
    -Arnour +25
    -Trinkets of health/armour

Optional switch outs- TLASC if I don't think there'll be much range on the map, and MC fusion pistol if I expect a lot of melee fights. It's low damage, but the recharge feature has gotten me kills when facing multiple ground melee. It's 250LP even discounted but I don't think it's the total point waste others do. I know other people go for upgrading the knife, but I'd rather expand my options than increase an already weak option.
    thantrus and Mileena like this.
  8. Try to stack armor regen. Forget about advanced armor if you livee to long and suffer lack of ammo and always use grenades to blow up pesky melee bastards by shooting right into thrown nade.
    1) MC TLASC 800 ammo and grenade, MS knife with 125 durability it would probably help to live out one more clang before your knife became broken.
    [​IMG]
    2) MC ASC + 2 grenades and other stuff. MS Shuri pistol and seeker knife can be replaces with fusion pistol and less taxed knife for equal loadout points count (200 = 150 for fus p and 50 for knife)
    [​IMG]
    3) Standart ASC and maximum regen by usuinf advanced armor (-1 sec until starting armor regen)
    [​IMG]
    Mileena likes this.
  9. Foofmonger Recruit

Feruin is good and so is his advice.

For the Avenger, your loadout is less important then your ability and awareness.

That being said, there are a variety of options depending on what you want to do.

Do you want to be more close range go twin linked, more long range, asc.

Do you want to be able to facetank as much incoming damage as possible, go advanced armor. Do you want to have more utility, forego advanced armor.

Are you finding yourself in melee a lot, use the seekers. If not, use a regular knife.

Etc... you have to find what fits your playstyle based on experimenting.
  10. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

I actually started using the burning rune to good effect lately with a basic ASC. I think I trade out all my 10 and 20 lp trinkets and the grenade. I also put the 30% stam regen on. As long as I have cover nearby and know my exits location I do alright.
    thantrus likes this.