Background Image

How I know Eldar speed is non existent.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by G0dlyN00b, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Mr.White G0dlyN00b New Member

Because Space Marines who are doing nothing but spamming their melee attack move faster than you. WTF is this?
  2. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

Excellent question.

My main gripe tho isn't really the fact that speed advantage is almost inexistant, No, because we do have a slight speed advantage. It's the fact that anyone who doesn't know how to aim can just go "ima have a smart pistol" and literally negate that advantage because they are scrubs. And because they are scrubs, they get an advantage. For some reason.
    And it's not like the smart pistol was automatically aiming for the head... right? And the fact it kills a marine in a single clip (barely) or an Eldar in half a clip, with no more effort than press "Aim" lift your hand from your mouse, place your index on your LMB and mast****te the button as fast as possible.
    Philos, Flyby, Paeyvn and 9 others like this.
  3. Sunderbrass Recruit

Every melee attack causing a lunge is silly anyway, as well as stamina only being used for evasion. Many parts of this game don't fit together particularly well with other parts. Hopefully such things will be sorted out over time.
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  4. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

Two shots for a Hawk, three of any other Eldar? Would that be about right?
  5. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

I love how Raptors (and AM?) become nigh invincible to shurikens just by lunging around. Also the melee lock cant track them properly since they are moving so fast.
  6. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

This is where the so called hitbox advantage also is a nonsense as half of the games mechanics totally negate it. Your hitbox size is irrelevant to a smart pistol lock on and a melee lock on. Eldar deserve EHP compensation. I say they get more armour - or just give them a proper speed boost - like 30% sprinting.
  7. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

JPA for their LSM equivalent.
    But yea between their speed, evade trajectory and lag, my camera generally goes into derp mode before relocking after his evade.
  8. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Um... Eldar already get 30% bonus sprint speed. They also have a 15% bonus to regular movement speed.
  9. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

other way around. 33% on jog speed, 15% on sprint. Sprint speed is not a jog speed mod but a fixed value, meaning it's not affected by the "33% bonus jog speed".
    Paeyvn and Slough_Monster like this.
  10. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

Thats exactly what I meant. If Eldar are to be 'balanced' with this extra speed and smaller hitbox equation (come on Behaviour - you've hinted you have a method for calculating ehp - pls release it) then it needs to be adjusted as Eldar can't outsprint marine fast attacks with their insignificant 15% sprint speed 'advantage' and the hitbox size is made irrelevant to all melee and some ranged.