Background Image

How do you know a scorpion is there

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Ford-Timelord, Aug 8, 2018.

1. So how does someone who does not have line of sight to me, when I am not out in the open, do not have threat so I do not appear on the mini map, basically just walk up to me behind my cover and shoot me in the face like I was out in the open? Does scorpion stealth suck or is it just "skill" ? Eldar don't typically complain much, but I think we need to bring this up.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Scorpion Stealth does suck, it is entirely possible that they just saw you, either from the beginning or after getting close. Without going into too much detail, there are also ways to pin down someones location using their shadow when it really shouldn't be possible. I don't actually know but I think this might still apply to invisible scorpions.

With how blind everyone is tho, my guess would be that they really just walked up on you by chance and then just happened to spot you on point blank.
  3. Depending on how crappy someone's graphics settings are scorpions stealth can be negated. Higher your graphics settings = harder to see scorpions.. lower settings = fuzzy blob of "stealth"
  4. If I've just posted on Pro mine, scorpions can appear brightly coloured even Stealth (I have a video somewhere of that)
  5. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

The cloaking effect sticks out on low graphic settings. Besides as its working like Predator's cloaking in AvP instead like true stealth not that hard to spot the distortion that is moving around.
  6. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

You aren't actually invisible just harder to spot,also scopes negate stealth as well.

See many a scorp trying to creep slowly into a room or hide in a corner just to get blasted to pieces and wonder why he was spotted.It may seem counter intuitive but move fast for the best surprise attacks.Reason being your stealth will make the target second guess himself for the split second you need to get a heavy attack off and by that point he will likely be dead or close to it.
  7. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

watch predator movie same
    Deathwish likes this.
  8. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

If you are playing scorpion, hide in areas where the background has lots of irregularities like rock piles and such. Trying to hide against a flat wall is going to get you spotted. The idea is the break up your silhouette so you blend in.