Background Image

Has there ever been a Battlesuit Human pilot among Tau?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Accretia, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Accretia New Member

So I hear Humans are accepted in Tau ranks, Has there ever been any recorded instance of Humans piloting XV Tau Battlesuits.[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. The only time I know of such a thing happening was in a Last Chancers novel, when a soldier in the Penal Legion for Tech-Heresy tried to take a Tau Battlesuit.

The in-built security system killed him.
    bossaroo likes this.
  3. GratLurking Recruit

I suppose theoretically a Gue'vesa may be able to work up ranks against all odds in the Fire Caste, but that of course would also be the question on how desperate the Tau would be for a battlesuit titan at the time. It'd probably be something you see for a special character that people would cry 'snowflake' on but in my head it's certainly got better odds than half the once-in-a-millenia shit that happens in 40k.

The biggest problem of course is because of the Tau's caste system I'm not quite sure there'd ever be a chance for a Gue'Vesa to ever be allowed near a battlesuit unless the Tau were in such dire circumstances for pilots that they'd be looking at their near-tau auxilleries. Someone who knows about tau-human relations fix my logic here if needbe!
  4. There is an interesting side note about this kind of thing.

Back in Rogue Trader (1st Ed. 40K) Dreadnoughts were actually like Tau Battlesuits, including Pilots that could get in and out of them at free will, and even having Jump Packs.

So you may not have humans in Tau Battlesuits, but you might have them in Archaeotech Battlesuits that are analogous to Tau systems. Especially if they've become allied with the Tau and had them modify as well as provide tech support for them.
  5. Only the dead can know peace from this unorky-ness
  6. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

This is some pure unrefined heresy I am witnessing.
  7. Only the most dedicated and skilled of human auxilaries can make it into the Fire Caste (AKA the Fire Warriors), but it's possible . If they can become a fire warrior, they can get in a Crisis suit. We have Fire Warriors as humans, which are the first rank. There's nothing saying they can't progress like other tau once they are conducted into the Fire Caste proper. Although, there is no mention of human battlesuit pilots, there's no reason to thing it wouldn't be possible, given as they'd already be members of the Fire Caste.
  8. [​IMG]
  9. Whenever I see this picture I can't help but imaging a certain conversation between the two.

Human: Is that a pistol prodding me in the back?
    Tau: Pistol? Oh! Yes. Definitely a pistol. Nothing else.
  10. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Tau woman pref human man then Tau man :3