Background Image

Greetings and salutations!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ArchKnightHough, Apr 21, 2017.

1. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

Well, damn...I was given a key for this game by a friend of mine from Marvel Heroes.

And I have to say I'm hooked. I love Space Marines, I always have. And yes, I'm a Smurf, suck it and deal. :-D The Horus Heresy books litter my shelves (I'm about six behind due to work and school) and I have several hundred minis in need of paint. I love to model, not so much into painting.

I loved Dawn of War (DC, SS) not so much DoW2.

I am enjoying EC because I get to play a Marine, and get rewarded for my play style. Even back in the day playing Day Of Defeat (in my old clan {DwP} I was always about capping the flags more then my kill count, and in Marvel Heroes I was always the guy rushing into danger to heal people, so I love that I get point for these things.

I've been checking out (and I subscribed to Chapter Master Valrak's) youtube vids to get a better idea how to play.

I do have a gripe though.

What kind of prick shoots his own team mates to get them off the cap point, just so they can take it themselves. Not sure of the players, but both were Dark Angels...(always thought those bastards where shady :) )

And Marines under powered? We seem to do okay on defense, but I've only been apart of a winning assault only a few times.

Lots of questions...still learning, but always willing to listen to good advice from vets.

Anywho, that's me. ArchKnightHough (Or ArchKnight) I also have a Iron Warrior that I'm tinkering with, but I'm going to wait till I'm a level 5-6 marine before I start playing Chaos.
  2. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Ahoy dere Blue-boy, welcome ta da Big Fight! You ain't green, so I'z gotta krump ya. But you'z blue, so I can respect ya! As fer yer udda Marines, you'z gunna find dat many of dem ain't in dis game fer teamwork, dey'z in it for killin', an' dey don't care if dey'z killin' you or sum uvva git. Which is why you'z findin' victory a hard fing ta pin down. Space Marines got lots nice kit, but it's meant ta be used togevva as a team so'z all yer strengths combine. When you do dat, you do good. But unless you'z in a Guild, dat can be 'ard ta come by. Find yerself some mates ta fight wiv, and you'll 'ave a MUCH bettah time on dis 'ere planet. Dey'll teach ya lotsa tricks an' strategerees ta be a bettah fighta.

Hope ta see ya out der, so I'z can loot yer posh helmet fer me bosspole. You don't mind if I nick dat fancy shoulda plate too, do ya? Deathskulls need all da blue stuff we can get!
    ArchKnightHough likes this.
  3. ArchKnightHough ArchKnightHough Steam Early Access

AWESOME!

As my genesire sire would say: "The strength of the Thirteenth Legion, is the strength of each warrior, and the strength of EVERY warrior. Our sum is a greater whole, one that depends on everyindividual, yet transcends all of us, without exception...without exception."
  4. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Dat boss uv yerz knew dat havin 'iz boyz werk togevva dat he'd get victory. Sumwun needz ta tell da REST uv yer gits 'bout dat! Dey'z so bad somtimes, even orks be lookin' at dem like "Wut da zog?"
  5. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

Welcome to the crusade brother! I hope to meet you on the fields of glory :SMDeal:
  6. Tior Elsworth Tior Steam Early Access

The name's Tior! May we meet on the fields soon fellow Ultra!