Background Image

Gotta love the disconnects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cmonty, May 15, 2018.

1. Corpus Pestilence cmonty Active Member

So just bringing to light the number of people that disconnect before a game is over. I've seen as many as 10 disconnects on a team, why do people love to quit before a match is over nowadays? With the state of the Crusade it seems that you wouldn't want to disconnect before the match is over with with the wait times being the way they are?

I've seen where half the defending team disconnects because they lost the first point on a advance and control map and then we as the defenders ended up fighting through to win the match.

I see on average at least 5 disconnects on a losing team's roster at the end of the match and I think its hilarious that these guys are leaving trying to defend their Win/Lost ratio for a game that doesn't track it.

I must be a true loyal son of Mortarion to always try and fight it out to the bitter end even if I lose.
  2. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

I have said in the past, will say it again: There has got to be an penalty for leaving.
  3. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

Well the penalty is ya lose out on earning XP no?
  4. Corpus Pestilence cmonty Active Member

You get what you left with. No real penalty, the only penalty is waiting for another match.
    Data8671 likes this.
  5. No penalty at all when you have 2 mil of it saved...
  6. The other day I saw a whole guild stack do this when they started losing... Shame on them. You know who you are, but I won't mention any names...
  7. Corpus Pestilence cmonty Active Member

Surprising to see a whole guild leave... I dont think I've ever seen that.
  8. Seen it a few times from various guilds on a small scale, but this was like 8 people
  9. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

I remember when back in the day it was practice to leave matches to pick up members who got dropped out of the warparty...back when queue time didn't hit you in the back for doing that. Good old times.
  10. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

I'd imagine that its due to two issues

1. misconception about recapping and whether its worth doing/means you can win (guide I read recently had don't recap about 3 times as I recall)

2. difficulty as its much harder to win a game where they have max time and you need to recap/cause interrupts

It is annoying when you get the "its lost...." en mass disconnect but preferably to the peeps that stay in all game swearing at there "bad" team in my opinion
    cmonty likes this.