Background Image

frag grenades

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by EugeneHardy, Dec 9, 2017.

1. EugeneHardy Recruit

Hi. So i noticed some ppl can throw frag gren even from a close distance and it detonates immediately. How is it possible? Sometimes i threw it and hit melee guys torso or havocs back and it just fall on the floor without detonation so they still have time to escape/dodge. Even when im throwing from far distance for maximum range theres still a small delay. And i died alot from ppl throwing on me from a close distance and it look like it detonates right after touching my body. Can someone explane please?
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Airbursting. You shoot a grenade and it explodes, preferably mid-air. It isnt something most people will do, but good players might use it as a fallback if they feel threatened or if they feel like they have to hurry with the kill.
    Also, it happens accidentally from time to time, if there are a lot of bullets in the air.
  3. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Its so weird how under used doing that really is.To me its the only way to use nades effectively.

Before I found out it could be done I dropped nades entirely from my loadouts because I could never kill anything with the things.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Airbursting with plasma nades and TLASC is not really reliable, so I have to get a bit more creative.
    I primarely use them to bamboozle melee (as it really is the only way to kill a JPA who has gotten close) or by spamming them in a Zombeacon or on an ongoing capture.
    I agree that nades without airburst arent really great to kill people, but the visual noise and immediate threat, aswell as forcing an iframe can still make a big impact on a fight.
  5. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

You can destroy nades with other damage-sources, shooting, other explosives and even melee.

I like to throw them at the enemy's gun, so they blow themselves up
  6. Zarbustibal Zarbustibal First Blood!

I get a lot of kills with nades even without shooting them midair (especially heavies that are too focused on other targets)^^ they are also a great tool for forcing people out of cover etc... Also nade kills are the most fun to watch :OrkMoon:never gets old to see the ragdolls flying around :OrkMoon:
  7. Sindri Myr AnotherAlpharius Steam Early Access

Seeing flying corpses after tempest launcher's burst was much funnier :CSMAlpha:
  8. The Power Fist space program was the best part of the beta. I miss launching people :(
    Zarbustibal likes this.