Background Image

Fire Dragons are OP! kinda

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by HorNeTNesT, Jun 20, 2018.

1. HorNeT HorNeTNesT New Member

Im going to say that all of my video proof and such in is the link below, if you dont want to watch the video thats fine but youll just have to take my word for the proof that i claim

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap4RDq-dfJM&t=1s

The PVE Discord:https://discord.gg/q76PDU6 Steam Group:https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ECPvE Hope you Enjoyed!! Leave any thoughts or questions in the comments!

So with somewhat standard AV Both eldar and space marines can destroy vehicles at about the same rate. These loadouts im talking about are A space marine witha MC melta gun and a melta bomb, and a fire dragon with a fuegun and a single melta bomb. BUT WAIT Double melta is a thing, and if you simply use double melta and a reg fusion rifle youll kill a vehicle alot faster! Now i guess thats not to much of a problem, simply go fuegun single melta if you want to be more tanky right? WRONG! Fuegun single melta, and fusion double melta cost the EXACT same amount of loadout points! bE PLEASE FIX! Now there are a couple of ways you can fix this. 1 (the best way) Increae LP cost of double meltaby 100, This would create choice for fd players! Would you rather have more burst damage or be able to tank morw with that extra 100 lp. Another way could maybe be to reduce the loadout point cost of fueguns? I dont think this would work. More people would likley just start taking fueguns into their double melta loadouts instead of chosing.

Also a side note on Reaper Launchers vs MC Lascannons. RLs cost about 150 less loadout points, do more damage and are good for killing people. bE PLEASE FIX!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Unlike earlier anti-dragon-posts, I don't even understand like half of this so I'm just gonna say:

Fuck off! Dragons where never OP but kinda annoying, thats fixed now, if you have a problem: keep your damn transport moving, Dragons have been nerfed enough.
    Also: Lascannon is superior to the Reaper for AV, Reaper is better at AP. Balanced.
  3. Still annoying

Can't keep it moving if hawks are about

You have to stay near one point for the transport to be any use, it may as well be dead otherwise

Being a rhino driver is dead boring and typically only guilds will be willing to do boring roles

They were (and still are in combination with other things) OP.

Eldar are still boring to play when they spam av in most games
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

This is purely a LSM problem.Other factions have players doing boring stuff to win.Its why you never see an Ork or Eldar main making nerf x threads because they play effing properly even in pugs.
    Krayt likes this.
  5. Protesik Protesik Active Member

6. Protesik is now banned for 40,000 years. ;)

Jokes aside by your own video you prove that Eldar AV is not OP compared to the other races. Ill leave this one up for now but posting it in a few spots is the best way to get me to lock em. Don't do it again.
  7. Having to do boring stuff to win is stupid, it should not be like that
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

sadly thats how life works
  9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Whereas you are technically right, it doesn't work like that, never has.
    If you want to play chess in an immersive, fun way, you'd never move your towers and try to keep king and queen away from battle. And, hey, if you enoy that, go for it. But you can't force everyone else to play by those same rules.
    Like: this has been virtually any game in history: You can either play 'for fun' or 'to win' or anything in between but never both, because there is always going to be something you can do to win that doesn't come naturally.

And, for some people, that is the fun. Finding that one little thing, mastering the last aspect that ultimately raises you above your competitors. You can enjoy a game merely for what it is, or you can enjoy what you make of it.
  10. For me FD are the easiest AV in EC. I don't know if that means their exactly 'easy-mode' or weather this particular style of gameplay is just something that suits my play-style. I'd assume if this is my experience others would be experiencing that too so maybe it is a little too easy.

And so with all things Eldar as we're not allowed to talk about them or the possibility of actual balance, I'm just taking it as a physical, unchanging fact of the universe and that comparatively, all other factions will always struggle with AV.

Hey I'm not judging I guess some people either just need that extra little bit of help, or like me just want to de-stress after a hard days work and not have to think too much about their unwinding activity.

Is what it is.