Background Image

Evade bug?

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by EugeneHardy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. EugeneHardy Recruit

Hi guys. So i get enemy grenade right under my feet and i accidentally used evade and somehow get no damage at all (but i was caught in the blast radius). Is it a bug? Or you are invulnerable while using evade, dont you think its a little bit OP i mean super OP if you can evade certain death with right timing?
    Grammaticus_John and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  2. This
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

dude if u time it ur safe

i think only happen with normal grenade i done evade grenades 12 times already

if ur lucky plasma cannon u can evade also

krag grenade is the only thing u can't evade
  4. Evading with a Krak grenade or Melta bomb stuck to you will unstick it and (most of the time) get you out of range.
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

no dude some times u can roll if enemy throw a grenade that explode by rolling

explode but no damage i think also that error or bug happen

krak grenade in the floor not stick in the body
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  6. EugeneHardy Recruit

Thanks for explanation guys.
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  7. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

This is known as "iFrames" or rather "invulnerability/immunity-frames". It was added by one of the former developers (Brent Ellison), as a means to deal with the lag in the game, where players felt like they shouldn't be taking damage while evading as they were (on their screen) behind cover or out of range at the point of taking damage.

Problem with it is that it also allows for negating damage you shouldn't be able to negate (like explosions you're still technically being hit by, ailments, and ranged damage etc). Though it does NOT work for vaulting/climbing (which is the most "laggy" action in the game, and should be the only to actually have it).

The game lacks a tooltip telling players that iframes exist, and thus this happens where folks think "wait, how did I survive that, it's like I was immune?" etc.

Hopefully it gets removed or restructured in the future, but probably not likely (unless @jbregg and @Oveur are up for making it only work for vaulting, as the netcode is considerably better now than it was when it was put in, but still not optimal netcode, but probably requires engineer-work)
    EugeneHardy, LOBOTRONUS and Durash like this.
  8. Deathwish the Brutal Deathwish Well-Known Member