Background Image

Eternal Crusade Inspired Story - Chaotic Folly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KharnVarus, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Do you think the story is appropriate to lore?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Well, I'll be damned if I say the Eternal Crusade community isn't worth some kind of immortalization. A few weeks ago, a couple of friends of mine and myself have decided to start writing a story based on our recollection of events and... the drama... that aspired within the community, in order to immortalize those memories.

On top of this, we figured it would also be a good foundation to use as the origin story of our homebrew Warband, which is why the story would be based on the events that aspired around us, and myself, as the main protagonist and creator of the Warband, and not throughout the community as a whole (cause that would just be too long).

As says the disclaimer:

The events and characters depicted in this novel are based on or inspired by real occurrences, people and stories within the Eternal Crusade community; interpreted and portrayed in accordance to the recollection of experiences that aspired around a single individual involved within it, therefore acting as the storyteller and protagonist. Any names, details, characteristics, or personalities that might resemble real people or events may have been altered to depict a more lore friendly persona and maintain the anonymity of certain individuals, therefore are purely fictional. Under no circumstances are any identifying aspects or traits in this novel to be misinterpreted as the actual manifestations of any real people’s mindsets or situations.

The story would encompass all the events since the time we started playing, which was during the founder's program, and it would revolve around the CSM and LSM community, as we were pretty much only participating in those 2, yet still mostly the former.

In case the disclaimer wasn't clear enough - let me get one thing straight: this story isn't meant to make anyone look bad or have any people be blamed for any events depicted within it. This is purely a lore translated version of real events that happened around us which serves as the foundation for the origin story of our Warband (how exactly it does will be clear when the story is finished) that has been exaggerated in order to keep things more interesting!

I would very much like to hear what you people think of it so far as it's being developed. Any feedback is welcome, be it in DMs, this thread, or the following link to a Google document containing the story. Of course, you cannot edit, but you CAN comment, but keep it to lore criticism and grammatical correction. Of course, lore being my biggest concern, I'd love to see you people answer honestly to the poll above.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cklgk7GxOC8iL0NbCDrRu8OSN3zOpmaQYbe-KWPwibE/edit?usp=sharing