Background Image

Epic games - shutting down Paragon!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Aidwell, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Epic Games will shut down Paragon, its multiplayer online battle arena title, on April 26. The company announced that it will take the game’s servers offline at that date, offering an apology to those who expected more from Paragon.

Epic Games’ full statement on the reason why Paragon is closing shop is below.

Hey Everyone,

It’s with heavy hearts we’ve decided to close down Paragon.

We truly appreciate everything you’ve put into Paragon. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider.

WHAT AN ACT OF PASSION! IT IS POSSIBLE GUYS!
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  2. What's this got to do with EC?
    Kiwik likes this.
  3. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

Same question, I'm sad to hear that, but why did you post that here?
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

5. no no noooo u stupid humiez!:OrkMoon:

it's all about acceptance, and no balls draggin
    Brother-Bardiel and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Active Member

sorry i didn't read the whole letter

now they ask forgiveness for not delivering promises

at least they have the ball
    Brother-Bardiel and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  7. i liked "we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow" part
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  8. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

This is truly amazing to see. Game developers that realized that they can't deliver on the advertised product they've sold to their customers, so they actually came clean, apologized and, by the gods, fucking REFUNDED all of their customers!

"We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry."

The brass balls it takes to admit that right there is what should be expected from anyone that advertises and sells a product in development that ends up failing. I just gained a lot of respect for Epic Games, and if the devs of EC had done the same thing years ago I would've held just as much respect for bE.

Acts like this really gives me hope in todays corrupt gaming industry. Well done Epic Games, they're setting a great example here!

[​IMG]
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i remember that some EC dev switched from EC to paragon.
  10. maybe Epic guys will join EC to save the day?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.