Background Image

Eldar will NEVER be balanced

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by HorNeTNesT, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Ok a couple things i want to make clear

The context im using the word balanced in is saying that they will never be equal (so always OP or UP)

Im not saying that eldar are either OP or UP at the moment. All im saying is that they will never be equal to LSM, Orks, etc.

View: https://youtu.be/sZcl57pK4-I

Its best explained in the video but to sum it up they are too different.

Their own core game play is simply too different to balance it with the other races, (lower health, Faster speed ETC)

Like i said i went into detail about classes in the video, but im not saying its impossible to balance eldar im just saying its wont happen.

bE is way too small a team to balance them well, im not calling bE a bad dev team, just understaffed.

Now this is one of those arguments you want to be proven wrong on! So please be friendly but your welcome to point out anything i missed and your own ways of fixing eldar!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

they don't care ( only jbregg and the other dev care)

the devs launch an unfinish game to make the founder happy (or else they sue)

no more money to develop, nothing

jbregg is trying his best but we really need animation and optimization ( jbregg is freaking Q & A now the overlord)

if the dev can't do something only hope is workshop
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Eldar are OP/UP in the same time like a schrodinger cat
    [​IMG]

At least devs stopped to listen LSM haters mantra of OPee plox nurf and stepped aways from Eldar race win 100% of games against shits - lets nerf them because opponents are shits.
  4. Arleniel Arphenior Steam Early Access

They should never be equal, and if you want to play equal factions, just play CSM against LSM skirmishes. Claiming about "Balance Eldar" or "Fix Eldar", is only obscure whims, devoid of specifity. If you mean creating symmetrical factions by balancing, it will never be done. There have been discussion about this, look it through: http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/balance.70810
  5. I never said they should or shouldnt be equal, im just saying they arent and never will be. So please stop putting words in my mouth!
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Eldar are balanced right now. We could use a couple of minor buffs but not for inter-faction but for intra-faction, as could everybody else.
    But, in terms of combat-efficiency, Eldar are balanced. And by that I mean that we are not significantly weaker- nir stronger than other factions and everyone has a mostly equal chance of winning both casually and competitively. Its not a perfect 50/50 but always somewhere in the vincinity of 45/55-55/45, assuming equal teams (with additional modifier based on map or attacker/defender-role). It doesn't really get any better in an assymmetrical game.

If you are having a problem right now with Eldar, it has nothing to do with balance but with personal preference. Which is fine as long as you don't pretend they are the same.
  7. Two things Eldar need for balance is:
    Give us Rolex, nothing says "I'm a pro" like using exploit to avoid melee with a guy like me who can use only three fingers on each hand.
    Give us a larger AOE to our grenades.
  8. Arleniel Arphenior Steam Early Access

I do not put words in your mouth, but your post repeats four times the same idea about Eldar discrepancy, and it looks like you want to state a problem about how troublesome it is that Eldar are so different from others. I have answered you, that it is entirely properly, these distinctions are also reflected in Warhammer lore and in other Warhammer games, it should be exactly so, it is not a problem. By the way, there are always complaints about Eldar balance even in a tabletop game, so do not expect ever to see "balanced" Eldar.
  9. Eldar lose like all of their GVGs so no they are not balanced
  10. I dont know if giving us an exploit would help us out all that much. Maybe just remove it from the game? But bE wants to call it a feature!