Background Image

Eldar campaign is going to be hilarious

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by ambersand91, May 13, 2017.

1. ambersand91 Recruit

I can't wait for when all the LSM main's will have to deal with getting one shotted by someone looking in your general direction, being shot out of the air because swoops seemingly alert the entire map when you take off? and weapon damage that really isn't up to scratch with our general disadvantages.
    Zaxie, Caentyr, Defiance and 2 others like this.
  2. Davoodoo Recruit

I think lsm know what it means to be squishier than csm and orks.

csm without any marks is as tanky as lsm, but then theres also nurgle
    and orks, well 225 hp base, 25% reduced dmg on headshot and affordable steel jaw.
  3. Trashed Recruit

I think they'll just pass on the Eldar campaign lol. They will try and play a few games and get wrecked then just go back to what they know ;)
    Gravewalker and Dragonkindred like this.
  4. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

Please note that the bug that rendered the Swooping Hawk visible for the whole map when taking flight has been removed for about 2 months now. It was a bug and has been corrected.

I'm curious about how the Eldar campaign will unfold.
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

I think it will be similar to that one campaign we almost lost, or it will play just like the Chaos one

Either way Eldar are getting nerfed afterwards, LSM having that many Eldar games will mentally break some of them.
  6. Last time I checked the LSM armor actually gives a higher armor rating.

In addition, most of the mark's disadvantages actually makes your armor less effective, only Nurgle improves toughness. Slaanesh increases the armor recharge delay, Khorne makes you unable to heal normally, and Tzeentch actually knocks down your total health pool. So no.
    Gravewalker and Utherix like this.
  7. Davoodoo Recruit

When did you check?? i guess before 1.3 where indeed their armor was worse, but also noticeably cheaper(115 toughness for 170lp)

but current stats
    artificer +20 armor, -0.5s delay, +20 toughness 250lp
    relic +30 armor, -1s delay, + 30 toughness 400lp
    warp touched +20 armor, -0.5s delay, + 20 toughness 250lp
    deamonforged +30 armor, -1s delay, +30 toughness 400lp

Now my lsm
    bolter cqc, frag 204hp 163 armor 130 toughness.
    same csm build
    bolter cqc, frag 204hp 163armor 130 toughness
    i can however drop trinkets and reduce totem of treachery to shard of crucible and use 150 lp for mark of nurgle.
    220hp 145 armor 160 toughness.
  8. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

True.

Yet reduces Dodges regen delay by 50% if I'm not mistaken.
    On 2 base dodges, you get 1 full seconde of Iframe for each dodge.
    Base regen for stamina is 3s/stamina.
    Nurgle regen makes 4.5s/stamina, again, if I'm not mistaken.

Nurgle provides 12 additional percent of damage reduction, given the gun shooting at them is already a 120Pen gun. Otherwise, it adds only 10% of damage mitigation.

Both have advantages. They are not placed in the same spot.
    Sily likes this.
  9. Davoodoo Recruit

20hp 30 tughness and +60% delay(5s from base) for 150lp.

But then how useful is that stamina for ranged/support/ground assaults units really?? i havent had to roll more than twice in quick succession, well ever and it seems other ppl didnt either as vast majority is wearing nurgle.

But ofc i wont judge if you consider that to be huge disadvantage, fortunately undivided csm can get same tankiness as lsm.
  10. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

It's not exactly that I consider it to be a huge disadvantage, but it sure is hindering if you are playing ground assault.
    Granted, a tactical wouldn't have to roll more than twice (just using Iframes to get to cover). A melee unit, on the other hand, will require these to close the distance while benefiting from Iframes and still be able to manoeuver in the fight. Therefore I do not recommend the MoN on a Close Combat character. Yes he'll be tanky, but right now, being tanky and not moving gets you mostly killed.

Anyway, I agree on the fact the disadvantage may not be suited for the stats the MoN gives... Either reduce T by 10 (to +20T) or pump the Stamina Regen delay to +100% from +60%....

OOOOOR... Make that MoN removes 1 stamina from the total pool. (stamina regen penalty will be reset)
    ... Now that could make the mark have a tremendous downside.

Anyway back to Eldar campaign...