Background Image

Dont execute your enemies.

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by MolitvaVoina, Oct 9, 2017.

1. It takes time to do so and may get you killed or prevent you from assisting your team. It also doesnt help that the person you just downed may use themselves as bait so an enemy can take you out easily. They will block door ways or sit infront of an objective making it very tempting to execute them but thats what they want. Dont trigger the trap card. That one execution can turn a whole fight in the other teams favor. So take the safe route and shoot them or throw a grenade at them. Its kicks them out of the fight and is no risk to you.
  2. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

i been telling players that everytime friend. Downed 5 enemies and ally executed all my kills while i try to kill 2 more enemies. we were surrounded

1. cancel the cap first
    2. eliminate remaining enemy
    3. save allies
    then execute
    if a enemy medic is near throw grenade or kill them by shooting
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  3. Executing is just worth to much right now. make it worth 30 pts like reviving and no one will do it.
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

i agree to that point waste of freaking time. Not worth the time in my opinion. But the greed is to much. I think 20 pt same as finish
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  5. Yup at that point if someone still wants to execute I dont know what to say. That goes beyond anything I can think of.
    Deadknight likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Executions fit very nicely with the fluff, I wouldnt take the points away.
    To be honest, I could execute many of my kills relatively safely, 8 or so/match would be possible at maybe 1 additinal death due to negligence.
    Its not so much the risk, basic battlefield awareness and you dont have to worry about that, its more that there is usually something better to do with the time that has a greater impact on the match.
    If I killed all the enemies, initiated the cap and some of them are still crawling around at the point, that would be a good time for executions.

Some people, however, put themselves in so blatantly obvious danger that I can only shake my head.
    I think at some point its not about the execution or even the points, but about the supposed domination and humiliation of one particular enemy, who they have a problem with, even if they die doing it.

Fist rules would be: Do not execute IF:
    -You are in a hotspot(main battlefield, as opposed to somewhere off-road)
    -You are in an open field(as opposed to in cover)
    -You can see more enemies than teammates
    -The enemy is not bleeding out(as it implies they have reason to believe someone is around the corner to help them)
    -The enemy has a respawn point nearby

The only class I really execute with a lot is the Fire Dragon. Mostly because I like to watch the almost gentle, tender way they kick someone over.

On a side note: it can be viable to crawl to an objective if downed. Sometimes an enemy trying to interrupt or initiate the cap will execute you instead and downed players can bodyblock melee-attempts.
    It might not seem like much but I have secured and lost points due to an accidental execution.
  7. Could not have said it better myself. In another newbie post ive made sure to bring up the body block. Ive been driven insane by it on a few occasions.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

BrotherDamnatus and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  9. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

just clear the area then execute. We lose 3 hours ago because an ally execute enemy and another stop the cap

clear first and help allies for more support then execute. 4- 5 sec delay and your died
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  10. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I never execute enemies when playing melee with lifesteal: just beat the crap out of the downed enemy to regain some lost health. And with ranged weapons... BRRRRRT!
    MolitvaVoina and Deadknight like this.