Background Image

Does using a Halo worth it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ne-Plus-Ultra, May 19, 2017.

1. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

Or it's cosmetic the one eating most of the LP.
  2. Unbiased Unbias3d Steam Early Access

It all comes down to preference. Do you want your vet to be as durable as possible, or do you want to fit more gear in your loadout?
    XavierLight likes this.
  3. Kemsa Kemsa Steam Early Access

am just post the same idea like the 600 times

-Make Halos an aura buff for allies rather than just defend stats for one person.

:runs away:
  4. Raptorian Recruit

Depends on which version and what you have to sacrifice. The Devastator Sternguard's iron halo combined with relic armour pushes his toughness all the way to 160, allowing you to laugh off heretical plasma bombardment as it fails to break your armour, but you are limited to the standard Heavy Bolter. Artificer + that same Halo grants 150 toughness and high armour which is still good, but allows more weapon flexibility; a plasma cannon of your own or a variant of the heavy bolter is possible.

Meanwhile, the Tactical Sternguard can quite easily mount the vanilla iron halo but I would advise against using his own which only offers a small amount of armour regen, unless you're trying to make a bootleg Tzeentch Traitor Tank.

The Apothecary may as well not have an iron halo it's so hard to mount, the Jump Vanguard could use his if you're building for staying power (I've generally preferred a mix of extra fuel and regen rate) and the Ground Vanguard will be better served by relic armour, toughness medallion and stamina increasing wargear, plus maybe a nicer sword and pistol.

tl,dr; vanilla and devastator ones are worth it, save your points otherwise
  5. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

Halos are a field generator, attached to one person. It's normal that it doesn't give bonuses to multiple people.
  6. God Emperor Hogan Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

I still find the GA Halo either a little too expensive for the stats it gives or would rather see it give different stats.

But....I do enjoy the glowy Halo....so I wear it heh.
    Aringhe likes this.