Background Image

Do you remember Nathan's last words?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/state-of-the-crusade-2018.70387/

Happy new carnage everyone! Who would have thunk that we’d still be alive in this fresh hell of a new year? We’ve gotten the wrath of all the gods deservedly; we’re not happy where we are, you’re not happy where we are.

Yet we don’t give up because of the potential. If you give up, you can be certain you will die.

I joined EVE Online when we were 30,000 players. When I left we were more than 400,000. I believe because I’ve seen the turnaround happen, more than once.

This year is the year of nasty-nice. Bring the criticism, bring the initiatives, help us on the test server deliver the new combat experience of Eternal Crusade, be nice, but stay your nasty selves. Toxicity is not welcome, so let’s all surprise our cold dead hearts this year, with nasty-nice.

If I suddenly disappear after I post this, you will know why.
  2. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

3. [​IMG]
    Nathan knew that we knew, that he knew that he would not be long for EC any more.
    The signs were there all along
    Aislinn, Cyberjankie and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. Leonatos Cyberjankie Active Member

BTW:

https://twitter.com/ennstamatic/status/1060115019940225024

5. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Reactions to him seem quite positive there...
    But honestly, the only "crime" I would see him guilty of is overselling positivity.
    He WAS there for damage control, not turning the thing around, so he would not have had the funds and team required to do that, instead salvaging what was possible with only the necessary minimum of work. He HAD to be optimistic so the players would stick along.
    He just overdid the second part to the point where he created false hypes and disappointment in the longer run. A bit more honesty would have helped there, along the lines of "we can do that, but we need player numbers so the company knows there is money to be made with this game, so we get more funds, so play and support us, then we can give you the game you want".
    I see the biggest fault with bE at large - or rather the people in charge there - for not seeing the potential goldmine they have here. The 40k community is known to buy ludicrously expensive plastic figures (or having done so in the past), so obviously throwing money at something we all hold dear is not something we would collectively never do. The only thing we ask for is quality, which they failed to deliver, so the response (verbally and fiscal) was underwhelming, making those idiots abandon the whole thing.
    At least that is my personal opinion, based on the information I have available (which might be outdated or even completely false).
    Atsidas, Aislinn, Cyberjankie and 3 others like this.
  6. Gravord Gravord Active Member

And thats how you know its fake reactions ;)
    Data8671, LOBOTRONUS and Arafael like this.