Background Image

Do You Enjoy Playing Eldar?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Eldritch, May 11, 2017.

?

Do You?

1. Yes - But Only With My Guild

2. Yes - But It Is Stressful

3. Yes

4. No

5. Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The title says it all. Do you actually enjoy playing Eldar?

For me its love/hate. When I play Hawk I constantly get shot down by ACs or Boltguns. Usually I'm not even clipped but I'm dead.

Whenever I play with PuGs we never have enough warlocks, and proceed to get crushed by combi-bolters and shootas.

I am unable to play with my guild, as I live in AU and they only play when it is around 3am my time.

Honestly, I play Eldar out of love for the lore and race, but this makes me ragequit after about 3 losses in a row...

So, do you enjoy playing Eldar?
    Gravewalker, Twirl and Faeruin like this.
  2. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

I say Yes But Its Stressful because it is quite rage inducing that Autocannons can kill you faster than you can react unless you spend all LP on armor. They do this because of latency and no headshot multiplier cap. CSM knows this and spams them incessantly.

Also we apparently don't have enough players to fill matches anymore, resulting in auto-losses.

I hate to say it, because being the underdog can be fun, but we need a big buff somewhere if we're going to attract players. We have none of the toys and all of the weaknesses. No wonder our numbers are so few.
  3. DefSeig Defiance Arkhona Vanguard

I do enjoy playing as a Eldar but its extremely stressful due to the fact that you have to have a nigh perfect ingame performance to have a chance with the current meta. At the moment Eldar keep getting nerfed without any buffs in sight. Heck in spite of getting nerfed multiple times we are still winning games.
    Of course if Eldar win that must mean that they are OP and we must nerf them so they can never win a single game!
    Actually if it wasn't for the LSM nonsense about balancing I wouldn't have opened my view on the different factions of 40k.
    Gravewalker, Sily, Orkan and 2 others like this.
  4. Its very stressfull, even rage inducing. Im dedicated eldar fan so i have no choice. I enjoy to play as eldar. But i hate our current gimped state. We are the race of pugstompers, its a true. We group up in guild and warparties to execute flawless teamplay for simply win against fucking pugs. Any serious GvG as eldar is worthless. Even with equal skill you are outperformed just because of dramatic stat difference. As many times said - we are glass canons without actual canon but with more glass...

I dont mind autocannons. They are bulky havocs and easy to kill and harass. I even enjoy to face them unawared. No suppression, high recoil.
    But stalker bolter. Its raw damage is enormous for bolter. Why devs didnt make it a headshot-pro gun, with standart damage to body and very high multiplier to head? In current state its just cancerous against eldar.
    Because of absolute garbage base stats of our main classes (Dire Avenger, Banshee) and overpriced armor wargear we cant have some frontal assault. You know you cant flank enemy with whole team at once. Im fine with 150hp, but 75 base armor is a joke. Why not 100 as everyone have? Why the hell they cut even a base armor value?

Shuriken weaponry. You cant outdamage chaos heal and LSM heal. A downed enemies beeing healed just laugh about that ticklings.
    Only tempest actually in current meta can do something. Unfortunately its dangerous for enemies and allies both. Extremely.

And i remeber a hypocrisy of Devs when they implemented a "balance rewamp". Eldar were fine when supports and jpas had 150 HP and less armor. But later crowds cried like bitches and nerfed non-eldar classes had been back to pre0nerf state (probably lost only 25 armor) and eldar left dramatically nerfed in effective HP terms. So now we are in more grim situation when it was before nerf.
    Konok0, Sily, Orkan and 2 others like this.
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Not really, I enjoy Fire Dragon and Scorpion and that's all, will add warlock to that list if he gets some buffs but DA is dead to me now and that was my main.

I find that with MoS Chaos play like better Eldar with added variety, hence why I've had 4 Chaos characters in my play time.
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

I love eldar but god our stats are hawfull , our poor dire avenger , the backbone of our host has less ehp than an apothecary ... and his shuriken catapult lacks ammo to kill multiple opponents , you need to reload each 2-3kills (if doing only headshots so fuck orks) so a drum mag for DA could be cool
    Konok0, Durash, Sily and 1 other person like this.
  7. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

Warlock did just get buffed. But so did Sorcerer.
  8. Utherix Utherix Firebrand

The lack of ammo on the Shurken weapons is so glaring I do wonder if devs play Eldar at all.

Bolters do 1140 max damage in a magazine.
    Shuriken Catapults do only 1,100.

To make up for health difference, Shuriken catapults need to be closer to 1400 damage in the default magazine. Or reload much quicker. This is just a super obvious balance observation.

Additionally, Shuriken Catapults are worse at long range for no discernible reason. 840 damage at 100m for the Bolter, only 715 for the Shuriken (maybe less? we are not given values past 80m despite firefights going up to 200m).

All the Shuriken weapons (Catapult, TL Catapult, Cannon) have this issue when compared to LSM, CSM and Ork bolters.
    Sily and Faeruin like this.
  9. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

From my perspective only Sorcerer was buffed as the general changes for them should have been the default.

Not a single Warlock buff, my poor crone blade.

So many possible changes and all they touched was warp charge not offensive spell price increase but available in pistol slot or fixing master crafted after they culled it.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

And because everybody plays with drum mag you can double the amount for lsm

And another problem : iframes on roll , because we have high fire rate we often fire half mag in sm iframes while rolling , ensuing in death because of not having enought ammo when all other races get enough with their mag
    Durash, Sily, Orkan and 1 other person like this.