Background Image

DJPenguin's Personal Live-Training

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by DJPenguin, May 27, 2017.

1. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

Hello everyone! This thread here will be to set a focus on training the rookies of EC to become the best players they can possible be. Those who know me know I've already been doing this on the daily during my streams and I now have an additional way of reaching out to people with this new sub-forum. For those who don't know me this is just a brief EC background of myself:
    • 2k+ Hours of EC
    • I play all factions and classes
    • I've been teaching & grouping with those who've sought help for a year and a half now
    • No bias! As i play everything i do my best to offer an objective point of view

If you're seeking help you can get it from me in a number of ways. The best method in which I've been able to teach people is by grouping and interacting directly with them in real-time. You can find more information on that by clicking on my streaming thread here. Do note that while i can most certainly cover all the basics in a more traditional manner i do prefer to teach in a "my way" sort of method. My teaching technique is a bit different than your typical "new player starting guide" as i like to have people think outside the box and applying logic & reasoning to a higher degree when playing the game. I'll also take your experience with the game into account when sharing knowledge as to not overwhelm.

If you're unable to catch me live please post your questions in this thread here! It will also help if you tell me your EC experience ie. brand new player, veteran etc. so i know how much information I'll feel is necessary to give to answer to the best of my abilities.
  2. Just don't ask him to teach you how to drive. Trust me on that. :D

But seriously though, the DJ's a great source of knowledge and guidance to any newcomer.
    DJPenguin likes this.
  3. MannDeus Recruit

Also, seen DJpenguin several times on the same side. I like playing with him. He may have not noticed it, but I like to tag along and be his personal backsho- I mean silent battlebuddy..
    DJPenguin likes this.
  4. Danielsan Danielsan Steam Early Access

Flimpit here, just popping in to agree with the above really. Cool guy, nice stream, awesome community, worth a visit. Also it's probably more fun to practice on the winning side rather than learn lessons through pain on the other one! :p
    DJPenguin likes this.
  5. M-state Alchemist M-state Steam Early Access

It's good to see someone being helpful other than the occasional toxic waste that creeps in the garrison. You'd be helpful to me if you gave me and PrplHze a relic pack. :D
    DJPenguin likes this.
  6. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

A huge topic is always Victory Bar reading on point control maps. A good rule of thumb is 2 points for 10mins = win. Also that when a attacker caps a Point for the first time. This increases the time-limit of the game by 5mins for each point. Shown by the small stop-watch symbol to say this point still has time to be gained. This also is a game tactic meta, of taking 1 point during the first 3-5mins of a game. Then forgetting about that point and attack either both time giving points left ensuring that the attacking team will have enough time to deal with anything the defenders are trying. Attempting a 2 point control game means both points must be gotten within 5-6mins, the sooner the better as the buffer time is what you relie on if the Defenders are able to contest. Having someone willing to point watch solely will help keep "Ghost Capping" from running your buffer time out. Never want to be forced to attack a single point at the end of a game. As it is the preferred meta for the Defenders.
  7. lol. 2k hours and EC, you can have 5k and still sucking playing a game, playing every class and dont have any mastery in one class, stats are just stats buddy
  8. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Sounds like you havnt watched him play. He's pretty good. And also this is about general help for new players, since a better Tut is out, and garrison is a joke. Only so many streamers for EC, so why come and bash one of the few people that are getting this games name out there. Guessing you got plenty of games to play, and dont care that EC "The only active Multiplayer Fps" for 40k right now will die if we can't keep new players, playing/buying/winning. Just my 2 cents on your salt bro.
    Chuffster and LordSloth like this.
  9. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Haters gonna hate.
  10. One of my favorite players. Always fun to play with or against. Always a good sport, win or lose.