Background Image

Dear bE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, May 17, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Please hold a Twitch.

You are bleeding players, EC has a bad reputation inside and outside of its community, nobody knows what the f**k is going on and you just sit there and give us the same worn-out non-answers you gave us one year ago.

I don't know about the other players but these Twitches meant a lot to me and ever since I joined the community, I missed maybe one or two. These Twitches showed that you at least care enough about the players to talk to us. How many official statements have we gotten out of you in the past 6 months? Two. Two official statements.

We would like to know what you have worked on since last time, what you are currently working on, and what the state is.
    We would like to know what you are definitely not working on this year.
    What happened to "Scream While Dying"? What happened to the writers? What happened to the Workshop?
    We would like to know what to expect.
    And please no more diversions by talking about what you will or won't or would or wouldn't or could or couldn't eventually do in the future. You might not have noticed but the very question whether this game even HAS a future is a frequent topic of discourse in our player-community.

You hyped us up with wild tales of what will eventually be in the game or what could be in the game or what you would like to add to the game. (@Oveur: I haven't forgotten your dream to add a NPC-Titan. :D)
    And we gave you our feedback, our ideas, our support, our time, our money. Because we had fallen in love with this game.

Now the game is in peril, the community riven with strife and toxicity. And all you do is send polite letters from your hideout, promising that everything will work out one day far in the future.

Please hold a Twitch and answer our questions. Thank you.

Prediction:
    A third of the responses in this thread will be supportive, a third will ridicule me, and another third will revolve about discussing topics that have already been discussed to death in other threads.
    And there won't be another Twitch.
  2. I do not care how much has been worked on, I just want a twitch and some clarity.
    GrazewoundZeroLow and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. A good summary of this forum.
  4. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

If you can't say anything of worth- don't bother opening your mouth.
    Since devs don't do twitches- it's allright. They have barely anything to show yet again, and nothing of it is meaningful, since only a couple people actually work on it.
    GrazewoundZeroLow and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  5. Sorry Zael, but I would just as well suggest here that you accept the game for what it is and accept the fact that whatever it will be is entirely dependent on whatever Nathan thinks is best for sales based on the diminished resources he has access to. It is clear after more then a year that there is a struggle just trying to keep the game alive, let alone acquiesce to player requests for this thing or that thing. The silver lining is if they want input from us they ask for it. I’m still out to lunch on if they take any action based on the player recommendations that they solicit, but at least they make a show of asking us what we think. Twitches and community management are dead and done. We wouldn’t like the answers they have for us if they decided to be honest with us anyways. The only way to get a good picture of where the game is headed is UAT. Play UAT and leave actionable feedback in the related UAT thread.
    LOBOTRONUS and GrazewoundZeroLow like this.
  6. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

I wouldnt mind another twitch stream. Maybe in a different format than we used to have.

For example, when jbregg is having a UAT Testmatch, stream that. People that dont want or cant go onto the UAT Server can watch it, give additional live feedback or watch the vod. jbregg can give a little casual AMA.
    Vaanes likes this.
  7. I have no idea what you expect them to say. Someone who is here as frequently as you should know exactly what they work on/whats to expect:
    • Workshop
    • Rework of pro mine
    • Balancing (as always)
    • Garrison changes
    • Probably new skins
    We really don't need them to waste time for a twitch to know that. As always, just your regular shitpost.
  8. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Where did you get this information?

How do you know whether they are currently working on workshop or whether it has been postponed until the problems are adressed?
    How do you know whether they are currently working on Promethium Mine or whether it has been postponed to work on something else in the meantime?
    How do you know whether they are currently working on the garrison? They have been planning to eventually one day work on the garrison since at least Spring 2017.
    How do you know whether they are currently working on new skins?

Have there been any public statements from developers?

EC has 150 players on average. If the Twitch can bring back 10 old players and can bring in 10 new players, do you think bE should invest those two hours?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. I've read about these things on the steam news, forum and discord. I have no idea how it would be any different if they said those things on twitch instead.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

UAT discord
    https://discord.gg/CmXdXb