Background Image

David Ghozland, Creative Director of the Eternal Crusade leaving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAG, Aug 17, 2015.

1. David Ghozland DAG Creative Director

Crusaders!

I am telling you with a heavy heart that today I am leaving Warhammer 40,000: Eternal crusade. I have been honored to be your creative director for the last 2 years. I gave as much as I could on this project and I am proud of what the team was able to achieve within the project constraints. I am leaving knowing that there will be a great close alpha and that the team has a solid plan to deliver a great game next year. I don't know yet what I am going to do next but there are plenty of exciting opportunities which I am currently considering. I want to thank you and the Warhammer 40,000: Eternal crusade team for your unfailing support and for this journey rich in experiences and emotions. See you soon on the Close Alpha battlefield!

David Ghozland
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Blows just keep on coming....

Good luck with your future endeavors David.
    If it isnt much of a secret (im sure it probably is), why did you decide to depart the project?
    Other devs like Steven and Patrick said that they had other opportunities open to them and they couldnt pass out on them, im assuming thats not the case here, since you say that you dont know what you are gonna do next.
    Jochon, Kaelin and BikerTroll like this.
  3. GitzStompa GitzStompa Subordinate

I've been staying pretty much "mouth shut" for the entire time during all the foulmouthing and "grief" when former devs were leaving but I guess I have to burst my doors and post something according those lines aswell as this forum has that kind of habit of reacting to these kind of incursions.

[​IMG]

I really liked your impressions and enthuastic way of emphasizing different things in different levels of the game, ranging pretty broadly across the different levels of design in GP. Although some people said they didn't understand you, you only really need one clear word in english to understand what you ment, if you had the skill to put things in order. Boy, you didn't let your accent stop you when you talked about smthin that intrested you^^
    All in all, I thank you for your work and the enthuastic feel you brough to each twitch you were in.I still remember the first time you answered my questions about the game in 2013 in the most earliest of twitches in this project when Miguel was still in the house.:)
    I hope you find a new place to work at. It's not too easy these days, more like getting a lottery win:confused:
    Best of luck to you in the future!
    Morningkil, Colapse, Freebs and 4 others like this.
  4. That are sade news :( I wish you all the best for your future plans!
    Crioxus likes this.
  5. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Good luck in your future endeavours, David. I would like to thank you for the work you've done over these past two years. On a side note, lets keep this thread on topic and wish David the best for his future and thank him for the work he's done for us all thus far.
  6. Good luck with that....

Also GL to David and hope he further success in the future on whatever adventure he goes on
  7. Golokopitenko Golokopitenko Well-Known Member

Could you at least record some lines for the voice acting team before you leave? Your voice cannot be wasted

Ah, yeah, you will be missed
    tcezar and Tony like this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

thank you for all!
  9. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

For those who don't know, David has been the visionary on this project since its infancy back at "the old company". It's not an easy thing to construct a PvP-focused MMO with a license (particularly one with such huge expectations behind it), and it's all too easy to fall into the trap of just thinking about the moment-to-moment mechanics and balance and neglect the feel of the whole package. We were extremely fortunate to have his guiding hand in this, to question our assumptions and push us toward a proper grimdark experience that would live up to the promise of the setting.

So THANK YOU David for taking us to where we are today and forcing us to be better despite ourselves. You will be missed.

(P.S. Don't worry about David, he has many opportunities, as befits someone with his experience and talents.)
    Morningkil, Jochon, Jorimel and 25 others like this.