Background Image

Boltgun remowal = Support class doesn't mean "tactical flexibility"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faeruin, Mar 26, 2017.

1. So im going to put end for forty pages of holywar here
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/space-wolf-priest-can-equip-boltgun-big-mistake.64838/
    People voted in great numbers (for this forum activity yes) that they dont want see a support class with rifle weapon. Moddable and cheap.

We also have been trigggered after bE allowed priests to carry boltgun instead iconic crozius. How often now can i see melee apos now? oh let me guess 1 of 100... same with chaisword apos.

Its time to put LSM supports and healers in a line with other faction's supports. If you want to help your bratharzz so sit behind a crate with boltpistole (take smart one if you cant aim precisely) and be ready to use a chainsword to protect your brother from melee guys.
    Throw a heal grenades, make heal injections. Do what all healers have to do and LEFT tactical's work for tacticals only.

No boltguns anymore. We are done with such mess.
  2. Threule Threule1994 Firebrand

What
    Boltgun was the main reason i was playing apoth, so I could heal and defend myself while healing
  3. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

Shaddup, us painboys ave ta use a knoife to defend ourselves. Time fer you to know our pain
  4. Defend with AFK grenade?
    Daedauls and TheMadnesss like this.
  5. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

When they tone down (Balance) Eldar then this will have some substance to it. Until then, Eldar should not be complaining about any other faction.
    Baelish4Prez2016 and DongSlayer like this.
  6. Threule Threule1994 Firebrand

Yes, because when I feel surrounded having a healing beacon will totally help me defend myself
  7. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

You ain't supposed to be a 1 man army, no matta whot yer mary sue novels tell you
    Defiance, Zeb2, Houngar and 8 others like this.
  8. Coming from a warrior witch faction have the most free cheese around (not the cheeiest when loaded, at this point all factions can have cheese on a class) it is hard to swallow, Ork pistols are maybe shit for the most but those that are good are fucking damned good, CSM/ELDAR healer don't have to be in the melee to heal, and an apothecary wearing melee is gimping himself with no poison use...
    So healer with boltgun, what the fuck it is here from the start. I could tell you most Eldar have told us Git gud flank, L2P, you will get them if you try...
    Sad isn't it.
    Brother-Tamiel, Nasher and Obsidian like this.
  9. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Remove the Bolter and make all supports melee? So much for asymmetrical balance.
  10. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

I am very much against the boltgun on the WP but if you watched their last stream you will know that no uproar or forum post will change their mind. They made the decision, they were able to shift the responsibility on GW by getting their approval for it and they will stick with it to keep face & to not upset the LSM playerbase.

The only possibility to level out this situation will be if they start buffing other supports or are able to fix melee. Both things will take awhile, so its fair to assume we are stuck with this "asymetric overbalance in favour of LSM supports" for some time. As much as this is a bitter pill to swallow, please stop your rage and your ideas, they wont make a dent. Let us suggest buffs to the other supports and hope they get around to implement them.